Artist (2)

Three Months Later
You and Severus had become good friends and are becoming closer by the day. The portrait was just about finished but that sadly meant that you were going to leave. You needed a break from painting at the moment as you had been at it all day so you decided to go down to Severus' office.

Severus rubbed his forehead. With a quill in his hand and a cup of tea by his side, he was stressing over how stupid these first year essays were. A knock at the door made him look up. "Come in"., you walked in and he smiled, quickly catching himself and replacing it with his usual frown.

Are you excited to see her? No Severus, don't be a bloody imbecile.

"Hello, Severus"., you smiled and his heart started to beat a little faster, but chose to ignore it., "good evening. ..."., he sighed and motioning you to take a seat, continuing to write on the parchments., "...How is the portrait going?".

"It's going fine"., he noticed the sadness in your voice and looked up., "what's the matter?"., "it's going to be finished in like two days, I just need to add some last minute details"., "oh. ..."., he sighed sadly., "...I understand".

She's leaving

"Do you want a cup of tea?"., he asked, trying to ignore his feelings., "yes please"., you smiled at him and he got up, going into his quarters. You didn't want to leave, you really like Severus and would like to get to know him better. What Severus didn't know is that you had finished painting a picture for him. You really hoped he likes it.

You thought it was sort of his style and he has expressed to you that he liked to look at the moon so that was your inspiration

You thought it was sort of his style and he has expressed to you that he liked to look at the moon so that was your inspiration. You were going to give it to him before you left. Severus came back out and placed the cup beside you.

"Here you go, Y/n"., "thankyou"., you smiled at him and he sat back down, taking a sip of his tea and picking his quill back up. "Hey, do you want me to help with those?..."., you said, looking at the stack of parchments and the placing the cup down.

Severus stopped and looked up at you then looking at the stack of parchments. "No, there's so many here. I couldn't ask you to do that"., "but you didn't, I'm offering"., Severus sighed., "are you sure?"., "I'm sure. I need to do something else for a bit".

He halved them and held them up in your eye view., "are you still sure?"., you nodded and smiled., "yes, I'm sure"., he moved a few of the things to the side and placed them down, passing over a quill., "don't say I didn't warn you, Y/n"., you chuckled and started to grade the work on the parchments.

An hour went by and you let out a relived sigh as you finished grading. You yawned and looked at the clock, seeing that it was a little after 1am. "Wow, look at the time"., "yes, it's quite late. ..."., Severus agreed., "...You should go get some sleep"., "yes I should, and you should too".

Two Days Later
You sighed happily as you finished the last touches to the portrait. You got up from the stool and walked over to the sink and started to wash your hands as you waited for the paint to dry. Once you dried them you moved the stool over to the table, picking up the sandwich you had made for yourself.

You took a bite of your salami, lettuce, cheese and tomato sandwich and huffed. So this meant that you were leaving today. A knock at the door made you look at the door, seeing Minerva. She said hello to you and gasped as she looked at the painting.

"What?!..."., you said panicky., "...Is it not good enough?!"., "no, no. It's absolutely amazing"., you put your hand on your heart and sighed in relief., "oh, thank Merlin"., you grabbed a little paintbrush and dipped it on black paint. You flipped the portrait around and started to write: "Happy (late) Birthday, Professor Dumbledore! - Y/n :)".

"Should we go give it to Albus now?"., Minerva said excitedly, clasping her hands together. "Mhm!..."., you beamed., "...Let's go!". The two of you arrived at Dumbledore's office and Minerva knocked on the door.

"Albus, it's Minerva and Y/n"., "come in, come in"., the both of you walked in and you hid the portrait behind your back as Albus turned around and smiled., "good morning, how are you both?"., "well, thankyou"., "I'm good thanks".

"Now, I know that I didn't get you a birthday present on your birthday..."., you brought the portrait in eye view and he gasped., "...but I knew that you admire Y/n's work so I thought that you would appreciate this".

He walked up to you and took the portrait off of you, looking at it fondly., "you've done an excellent job, you've even made me look better than I usually do"., you all shared laughs as he put the portrait up. "Now, Y/n. I have been thinking. ..."., he said, walking back over.

"...As you know, Bell is moving out of the UK out the end of the year so I was wondering if you would like to take the position?"., you gasped and smiled., "oh, I would love too! It would be an absolute honour!"., "well then it's settled. ..."., Dumbledore smiled.

"...I understand that you're leaving today?"., "yes, I am"., "very well, I'll send out the paperwork to your address as soon as possible"., you squealed happily and waved to both of them., "I'll see you both later"., you started to rush down to your quarters to get the picture you done for Severus. It was lunch break so she knew Severus would most likely be in the classroom, prepping for the next lesson.

He in fact was. With one hand behind his back, writing the instructions on the chalkboard in perfect cursive. "Hi, Severus"., you beamed., he looked at you briefly and smiled., "good afternoon"., he continued to write on the board.

"Do you know that Bell is leaving at the end of the year?"., "I do"., he said, putting the chalk down, giving you his full attention. "I'll be the new art teacher"., "that's terrific"., he smiled., "but I'll be leaving today"., his smile faded., "oh". "Thankfully I'll be back soon. Do you think we could keep in touch?"., he nodded and smiled.

"Of course, I would like that"., "maybe we could go to Three Broomsticks together"., he smiled and nodded, looking at the painting., "is that the portrait of Albus?"., "uh, no. ..."., you turned it around., "...Do you like it?"., you said nervously., he stared at it for a moment, looking at you  and smiled., "it's absolutely beautiful".

You sighed in relief., "great, because I painted it for you"., he looked at you with surprise., "really? You didn't have to do that"., "no, it's okay, I wanted to. ..."., "you reassured., "...I thought you would like it"., "oh, I do. ..."., he smiled., "...It's lovely"., you stood on your tippy toes and kissed his cheek., "I'll see you soon, Severus".