Breakup

Marauders Era - This one is a bit different. You are Lily in this story, but your name of course. (Hope this makes sense)
e/c - eye colour
You've been dating Severus for about five months and the two of you were two peas in a pod. You loved everything about each other...well he didn't like your choice of friends. You are friends with his arch enemies, the Marauders.

He didn't want to break up your friendships with anyone even if they make his life a living hell. They weren't mean to you and that's all that mattered to him. Deep within him he always thought he deserved all the taunting and abuse he got from them as he got that at home from his father.

You always urge them to see that what they were doing is wrong but of course they don't listen to you. They wanted you to hang out today but you and Severus had previously made plans to go to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop and you weren't about to abandon those plans.

Thankfully it was the weekend so you and Severus set off to the tea shop, hand in hand, talking about each other's preparation for your O.W.L.s. You knew he was incredibly stressed about it and of course you were as well but he was stressed enough about always trying to stay ahead of the Marauders, figuring out their next moves.

Basically his stress levels were through the roof and you were determined to get rid of them or at the very least bring them down. "So Sev, what are you going to get from the tea shop?"., he bit his lip and tapped his pointer finger on your hand, thinking.

"Hm, well...I want a cup of tea. Earl Grey, obviously and..."., he tapped his finger in your hand again., "...well...it's a tie between lemon meringue pie, a chocolate frog and some strawberry ice cream. What about you?"., he smiled as he saw your eyes light up.

Ughh, I'm so torn. There are so many good things to choose from. Either chocolate frogs, the cake that Mrs Weasley makes for the shop, an ice cream sundae and pound cake"., he nodded and smiled, he knew how much you love sweets.

"...Ooo I almost forgot, ..."., you said suddenly, startling him a bit., "...banana bread"., you said practically beaming with excitement, he chuckled and nodded., "yes, well I guess banana bread is pretty tasty"., you nodded vigorously and rested your head on his shoulder as the both of you continued to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop.

The both of you walked in, still holding hands and the bell on the door jingling. Severus rolled his eyes as he saw the couples snogging each other., you saw him annoyed by all the lovey dovey couples and you stifled your laughter., "Sev, they're in love. Leave them alone".

"It's sickening, really"., "why do you think so?"., you asked him confused., "not us, we're better than these other people"., he smirked and and rolled your eyes., "I suppose you are right there, Sev"., you smirked.

"Ah, my favourite customers!"., you's looked behind the counter and saw a happy and chirpy Madam Puddifoot., she beamed at the both of you, clasping her hands together.,  "what can I get for the both of you?"., she said as she picked up the notepad and her quill.

"Have you decided yet Y/n?"., Severus said, smirking at you., you nodded vigorously and clasped your hands together., "I would like one of your famous homemade brownie sundaes please"., you said with a big smile on your face.

"And for you, Severus dear?"., Severus thought for a moment and finally made a decision., "a piece of lemon meringue pie and some Earl Grey tea, please"., she put the quill down and teared off the piece of paper., okay, go and sit down dearies. Elora will bring over your orders shortly.

You finally let go of his hand as the two of you sat down and you rested your hands atop of his giving him a soft smile and he mirrored it as he ran the pad of his thumb over the top of your hand. There was no doubt in his mind that he was very much in love with you and he wanted to tell you, he's been wanting to tell you for weeks now.