The Ball (2)

Your father walked up to your mother and kissed her cheek., "hello, sweetheart. Where is Y/n?"., "she's over there, dancing with Severus"., your father stuck up his nose and shook his head., "I don't know what she sees in him".

Your mother scoffed and nodded., "I know right. He has absolutely no desirable qualities and to make it worse, he's not even a pureblood and he- what is he doing?"., your father squinted his eyes as he leaned forward and his eyes widened.

"He's getting out...it's looks to be a ring box"., your mother gasped and shook her head., "oh, no way in Merlin's name is my daughter marrying that man"., "I'm going to go stop it"., "quick quick go, dear".

-
5am
Severus has been a nervous reck since that night, a week ago. He has been trying to do it but every time your parents had been there to ruin it. He knew what they were doing and he was angry. Today is the day though, the two of you go back to Hogwarts today so it had no chance of being ruined by your parents.

Right now, Severus was asleep so you were making him one of his favourites, a fruit bowl for breakfast. You went out to your garden to pick some apples and oranges, then back to the kitchen to get the rest of the fruit from the fridge.

After you washed everything you grabbed a chopping board as well as the apples, oranges, kiwi and grapes. You reached over to grab your wand, pointing it at the stereo, turning it to the Muggle station. Your parents would most likely disown you if they knew you were listening to Muggle music.

You hummed softly to the music as you started to cut up the fruit into squares but just cutting the grapes in half. Once you finished scraped all of the contents into a bowl, getting the watermelon out. As this was going to be extremely hard you just used a cutting charm to speed it up as you wanted him to wake up to it as you know he's been having a hard time.

-

Severus opened his eyes and after lying there for a moment getting used to sun. He got up and grabbed his tracksuits off of the ground as you's...ahem😏 last night. He took of his underwear and put them in the hamper in the connected lavatory.

He walked over to the cupboard, quickly put some underwear on and searched for a pair of tracksuits, not hearing the door open. You placed the tray down and walked up to him, putting your arms around his waist and standing on your tippy toes, kissing his shoulder blades., "mmm, good morning to you too".

"Y/n, dear"., you heard your father call out from downstairs. You moved away from Severus so he could finish getting dressed. "I don't know why they have been coming here every day. ..."., you said baffled., "...It's just getting annoying"., Severus sighed in annoyance and nodded, putting a shirt on., "yes it very much is"., without knocking on the door your parents barged in.

"Father, mother. ..."., you forced a smile., "...What are you's doing here?"., your mother clasped her hands together and smiled., "we have a surprise for you before you go back to Hogwarts but you'll need to get dressed first. You can't wear that, you look foul in it. Ugh".

They shut the door and you wiped your tears away taking off the shirt, trying to not let it effect you. You walked over to the mirror and frowned as you looked at yourself in the mirror. Severus walked up behind you putting his arms around your waist as he smiled, kissing your head.

"Look how beautiful you are"., you turned around and smiled softly, wrapping your arms around his neck and pressing your lips against his. "Thankyou, Sev"., he smiled and ran his fingers across your cheek, kissing your forehead., "you're welcome, love".