Chapter 1: The Truth Is Out There

CRASH!

CRASH!

A cannonball hurling out from a cannon was heard from the roaring distance as they approached at a rapid speed. The led ball splashed harmlessly in the water but a little too close for comfort for the captain.

They would not miss again.

The shots began, the sound of exploding gunfire paired with the war cries from both sides, living and dead, filled the cold foggy morning air. Gunsmoke was everywhere, clouding the captain's vision and lungs. It was time to join the fight.

He hopped out of the crow's nest and descended down the rope's ladder, drawing his sword as he went. He landed on the unleveled deck. Bullets whipped by his face but he couldn't worry about that. Screams could be heard from both sides.

It was a tough battle.

From across the ship, he could hear Taehyung screaming obscenities as he fought. The captain glanced towards the starboard and saw the said hybrid; his claws drawn and blood seeping from his fangs and the person- no, spirit fighting against him.

As he looked at the skirmish the two conducted, he notices that he couldn't focus on the assailant for more than a few seconds as another scream was heard, this time a more deafening one. It was Woojin.

The captain made his way up to the abaft as quickly as he could, cutting down anything that stood in his way. Jumping to port, in an attempt to sneak up on the bastard who had the sword digging deeper into his friend's stomach.

He didn't have much hope for it, but it was still something. The captain made his way up the steps just in time to watch Woojin throw his sword into the side of the man, cleaving him to the brisket. Both of the pirates dropped to the ground with one surrounding in a black fog that was fading away, its dark red bulging eyes turning into soulless brown ones.

The captain screamed once he was able to see through the fog and ran to his sailing master. Woojin's head rolled back as the older picked him up. Locking eyes for one last time, he said with his dying breath, "Bring him back, San." The said man pressed his lips together and shut Woojin's soft dead eyes. Laying his body down on the deck, the captain got back onto his feet and looked at the chaos that has been unleashed upon the messed-up world.

"LET'S FUCKING END THIS!" San cried, throwing his sword high in the sky, letting the gush of wind take it into its grasp as he closes his eyes. When they reopened, they weren't his usual brown color but a pale grey.

Moving at lightning speed, the dagger flew through the air, piercing the possessed pirate's bodies, releasing them from their spirited bond. And with the sword returning to his bloody hand. A thump of multiple corpses dropped to the ground was heard and for the first time since dawn has awoken, the crew felt like they could breathe again.

San sheathed the weapon and looked over his men, carefully inspecting each that they were themselves and not an evil spirit. He's made that mistake already once in his life.