Chapter 2: Death Is Knocking

Jimin turns his head to the opening of the alley and tilts his head

"I'm going to be right back." He stood up but was pulled back down with Jin hugging his arm and pouting lips.

"Please stay, y-you can't leave me t-too!" Jimin sucks in his breath and looks back at where the red last flickered. It now has disappeared and the younger slumps back into his seat with a confused frown.

~•~•~

"I've never seen anything like this." Jimin's lip curls down in disgust.

"What do you think it is?" Jungkook shrugs.

"You both are wimps." Jin looks at it strangely, poking the thing on his plate with his finger. "Oh my goodness, it is cold!" The youngest squinted his eyes at the thing and lifted the spoon, scooping a little bit onto the metal and bringing it to his mouth.

"Oh, it's nice." Jimin looks down at the bowl and back to Jungkook. "Try it." Pouting, he brings the spoon to his lips, wincing at the sudden coldness. He opens his mouth and sticks his tongue out to test it.

"This is weird, I do not like it." Jungkook quickly flew over the table to grab the bowl Jimin was about to give to the strange white cat that was sliding against his leg.

"Um, I-I'll just take that." He chuckles and gulps down the flavored ice as Jin slowly eats it with a disinterested face. "What shall we do now?"

"We have work, finish up." Jungkook nods and slurps the rest of his second bowl down. "May we leave now?" The younger nods and stands up from the table outside. Leading the way out of the busy morning town to the start of the woods.

"Do we really have to do this?" Jimin nods and snaps his fingers, a second later a figure appears next to the king, half-naked as well.

"You call at possibly the worst fucking time." Hoseok groans, wrapping his wings around his bare chest. Jimin rolls his eyes and holds out his hand. "I could've sent it to you." He whines and slams a glove into the younger's palm. "Can I go, your highness?" The king nods and waves his hand, the god disappears and Jungkook releases the lip he was biting.

"Never knew Hoseok was so sexy." Jin snaps his head to his brother and slaps the back of his head.  "Hey!"

"Don't you be looking at my friend like that!"

"YOU'RE FRIEND? WHAT WAS THE LAST TIME YOU TWO TALKED? HUH, JIN?" Jimin rolls his eyes at their bickering and walks into the shadowy forest. Following the flattened path and using the glove he was holding to see boot prints appear before his eyes.

The two behind him continue to bicker though Jimin stops mid-step seeing as the path began to disintegrate. His eyes scan the area at the change of weather around him; he holds his hand up. "You two go that way." He spoke, snapping the brothers' attention to where he was pointing. The generals quiet their talk and stalk forward with Jimin hanging back.