CHAPTER - 28

Skeletons in closet.

Ranveer

2020

The one thing I had learned over the years was it was important to acknowledge my weakness and work with it to turn it into my strength.

The first few weeks at CSU had been hard. It sucked to be around people who paid so much of their attention significantly to a set of 'who says what' about them. When I walked through the halls, people backed away with terror, judgment, and disgust. It didn't bother me because I couldn't care any less about people who weren't worth my while.

I saw many fellow students loitering around in the hallway, muttering among themselves. I caught their gaze and they shut up. I lowered my head to hide my smirk as I strode to the lecture hall.

"Is this college even safe with a drug peddler on the loose?" Someone yelled and I stopped. "What if his junkie friends show up and terrorize us?"

"Do you have a hooker? I have heard so much about the infamous Ranveer Goyal."

I steeled my jaw, exasperated. Goddamn it. It was insufferable and I was pissed. I narrowed my eyes as I turned to face the guys I didn't know anything about across me.

"Did you get fucked in your ass when you were away?" one of them asked and the other added, "how did that feel?"

I clenched my fist, damn near ready to punch his fucking face. I lifted my chin and glared at him. "Are you done?"

"It's not fair you got a lesser sentence. Had it been a commoner, it would have been years and years of imprisonment. This justice system is a shame."

I sneered, shaking my head. "Are you jealous?"

"Did you run to your father when you were raped in the jail?"

My chest rose and fell with fury. "Shut up," I pinned him with a warning but he didn't take me seriously.

I shot up and whipped this fucking face against the wall on the opposite side. "Fuck!" he bellowed and I slammed his face again with a right hook. I heard a few scream and gasp. "You broke my nose?" He darted his hand to his nose and stumbled backward.

I made a beeline for the other guy and he backed up against the wall. Sweat broke out on my body as I reared up my fist and punched him across his jaw.

"Listen to me very carefully," I demanded and stepped away from both of them. "Look at me and tell me you see someone afraid of killing people." He winced, blood trickling from his nose. "You must know by now that jail doesn't scare me so don't push your shitty luck and stay the hell away from me."

I walked to the dean's office before someone came looking for me. I didn't care if my reputation preceded me as a fucking criminal of the campus but I'd had enough.

*

I watched a girl—I didn't remember the name of—in the center of the crowded living room of Aagnay's apartment, eye-fucking Aagnay and taunting him. He poured himself a glass of drink and I tore my gaze away from the weirdly dancing girl.

"We have a problem," he announced as he handed me the glass of scotch and I jerked my chin to silently urge him to continue. "It seems like Kunal has caught up to my business."

My muscles tightened as I looked ahead to spot Kunal with Maira. "I had my suspicions," I muttered to the mouth of the glass and tossed it back.

"It has to be taken care of," he demanded and I nodded. "I suppose I can delegate that to your disposal."