CHAPTER - 37

A warning. 

Kunal

2020

The community I grew up in was full of socialites who were portrayed to be the pristine nuns of quiet convents—doting wives, nurturing mothers, loving sisters, and loyal friends, and they were damn serious about their chores so the chances of me running into a cheap whore were as good as my father accepting me with open arms.

But this day was different because I got to witness a classic whore in action. It was steamy enough to get me a chubby. I couldn't stop myself from recording. It was a blur of black and gray in my eyes—raw skin and loud moans; it was worth at least another hundred views.

Whoever said Vaanya Mittal was an angel sure mixed their facts with fiction. Damn. Her tits were bouncing, and whoever that lucky bastard was—he had the time of his life. At that moment, I'd imagined all the ways I could have claimed her. I always knew Vaanya was too good to be true, but I'd admit it panged me to know that I was right all along. Sleeping with the professor was a classic bad bitch move and oddly, it turned me on. I was glad to have run into the particular lecture hall across the men's room.

My morning was a waste with shitty bickering with my brother and even shittier with Maira around me. The play pretend relationship was wearing me down, and I had to have a word with Bhasin for this ridiculous arrangement with her. It wasn't fair to either of us. I thinned my lips to stifle my laugh when I peered at the two past the glass window. They were so busy screwing each other; it completely missed them that someone was recording them. The thrill of stealth was my high. I recorded people because I wanted to know if I'd get away with it, and I always did.

Ranveer was too good for this bitch and I had my plans in exposing her charade, but first, I was going to have some fun.

*

Aagnay was a son of a bitch. I glared at him as he smoothened the sleeves of his shirt evenly and looked at me. "I've had enough, don't you think?"

He scoffed and shook his head. "Maybe," he told me lowly, and unclasped his watch. "If you wish to dissolve this arrangement, then I'd need your word for our arrangement, too."

That paused me. "So you'd let me off the hook if I stop asking you favors, huh?" I chuckled, and he loosened the knot of his tie. "Damn, you must be desperate to let this go, isn't it?"

"Not much," he said, and I circled the golden dial of his oriental timepiece after I picked it up from the dash. "Just as much as you are right now." I glanced at him and deliberated silently.

"So you're suggesting we lay this off." I wasn't going to do that. "I'm going to break it off with Maira," I had wiped my drive off and Mayank had the backup so I was safe. "And there's nothing you can do about it."Aagnay tensed and I smirked. "So let's see how this works. You fall for my bait every time and do as I wish of you without questioning me." I tossed the watch back on the dash, and he glowered. "Did I make myself clear?"

"Get out of my car," he demanded coldly, and I was quick to abide. I had told him everything I needed to, and I was done. He slipped out of the car and circled the hood. "Allow me to paint a picture for you," he said and went on, "Imagine yourself in the next few days with broken bones, paralyzed and useless in a hospital far north in the city." He caught me by my shoulder. "If that appeals to you, then be my guest and keep at it."

My jaw steeled as his pressure on my shoulder intensified. I caught his wrist and dodged. "Little dramatic, aren't you?"

"You want me to raise the stakes for you?" he retorted and smirked. "How about I pull a number and make you disappear instead?"

"Now you're down to death threats," I snorted and shook my head. "It's not surprising, but I'd rather you worry about your dirty little secret, will you?"

I stumbled back to the impact of his fist against my jaw. His abrupt violence caught me off guard, and it took exactly a minute for the fellow students to gather around us. Before I could retaliate, he landed another jab on my face and I lurched away. "It was supposed to be a warning," he muttered icily as he grabbed me by my collar and pummeled my ribs. I groaned as my head hit against the door of his car.

People were cheering on—fuckers had no life. There were flashes and I knew this shitshow was going up on someone's social handle.

"But you didn't take it seriously," he said as he pinned me down by my throat. Aagnay was a fucking criminal—cold-blooded and merciless, and it showed in his eyes. "You had to push your luck, so I'm going to make a point, so you'd understand." He jabbed my nose and I fell to the asphalt ground as blood sprayed out of my nose. "I'm not someone you should be fucking with."

I got that message loud and clear—Aagnay Bhasin was going down.

Maira

2020

I made a couple of pit stops before I reached Kunal's apartment in the city. I had the whole evening planned out for us, and I wanted us to have the best time of our lives. I hopped out of my car and walked to his apartment, wondering if I was overdressed for a simple dinner in his living room. I wasn't the type to doll up for anyone, but Kunal made me want to. He made me feel special, and I wanted to be everything he wanted—he deserved, and he deserved the fucking world.

The door was left ajar when I neared his apartment, and I heard faint laughter from the living room. I leaned closer, only enough to eavesdrop.

"Mm, I haven't had this for ages." The voice was barely familiar. I wasn't sure who it was. "How did you know I like Chinese?"

"I didn't," Kunal said and chuckled. "I just ordered the first thing on the menu." He was already having dinner with someone else? I wanted to walk in on them, but I knew better than to be rash. I peeped through the corner of the door, but failed to catch them in my line of sight. "But I'm glad you're enjoying this. You should try the margarita—heard it goes well with the palate."

Un-fucking-believable. I leaned closer and darted my gaze around to finally spot them seated on the couch and having the time of their lives. My heart shattered in my chest. It hurt me that he didn't care enough to tell me about his plans with someone else. It hurt worse because he knew about my plans for the evening. I stifled my gasp. Ishani...what was she doing with him? 

~~~~

Thank you for reading! Please vote, comment and share, and I'll catch you guys in the next chapter. <3