8 | The Beauty of Nature

CHAPTER EIGHT

- In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks -

~~~~~

Nicolas

I spend my afternoon doing something to try and clear my head. Playing guitar.

Having being trying to come up with a new tune, I was in full focus mode. I certainly wasn't a song writer, but occasionally I dabbled in creating my own music. Just for the fun of it.

I loved the sound of strumming the notes, music filling the room softly as I focused on nothing but playing. It had been something I'd been doing for years, playing guitar.

A harsh knock came on the door that startled me. I hated when my sisters interrupted me like this, yet it happened frequently.

"I'm busy." I say firmly, wanting to be left alone with my music.

"Sorry."

That voice wasn't Avery or Lilly. It sounded like one of the selected. I felt bad and lifted the strap of my instrument over my head, putting down the guitar onto my bed before climbing to my feet.

I move to my door, swinging it open to see the retreating figure. Crystal turns as she hears me come into the coridor.

"Miss Turner, I'm sorry. I thought you were one of my sisters. I wouldn't have sent you away if I knew it was you." I say quickly and she pauses and nods.

"That's perfectly alright, your highness. I just wanted to see you." Crystal says hesitantly, then turns her body away and waves her arms as if she's making an excuse, "But if you're busy then I can-"

I cut her off, "It's fine. Was there something in particular you needed me for?"

"Oh, no. I just wanted to know if you were free to do something." Crystal says, her dark green eyes flicking between me and the carpet.

She's in her day dress, a white piece with short lace sleeves, that contrasts her bright red hair that's knotted in a bun atop her head.

"How about we go on a walk or something?" I suggest.

I hadn't been on a date with Crystal yet, because she didn't stand out to me in the initial meets, but I have thought about it since I would make sure to give everyone a proper chance.

"Really?" Her eyes light up.

I nod, "Sure."

First I turn and shut my bedroom door, then look back to the selected girl with a smile.

I extend my arm and Crystal does a little, quiet squeal before wrapping her arm in mine. She seems nervous to be on my arm, but gives me a smile nonetheless.

"So, Miss Turner, tell me about yourself." I ask as we move down the stairs. I walk slowly at each step, making sure to hold her stable in her heels, and she pauses to gather an answer.

"Well, I think it'd be better if you called me Tallie. Everyone does."

"Tallie? That's a interesting nickname."

The red haired girl shrugs and elaborates, "People back home always called me it. Like Crys-Tal and from that to Tallie."

"Oh I see." I say as we reach the bottom of the stairs and walk across the corridor on the first floor.

Crystal, or I guess Tallie, holds my arm tightly and seems almost flustered.

I'm not sure why she appears so anxious, since she's the one who came to spend time with me.