15 | Flowers for a Prince

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

- Do it because it's in your heart, not because you want something in return -

~~~~~

Kaya

Nicolas was out on a date after dinner so that left the rest of us girls to do whatever we'd like. I sat and chatted with Jessica, Mary and Samantha for a while before they headed off to get ready for bed.

The room was pretty much empty now, apart from me and one other pair at a far table.

I got up and started for the door when I heard someone say something rather interesting.

"He's a bit boring, barely spending time with us. And the way he kicked Olivia out was terrible."

I paused as I walked past, overhearing Sienna and Fiona's conversation.

"I agree. He is a bit shallow." Sienna says.

I cut in, "What are you talking about?"

The girls turn their heads to me and Fiona purses her lip. They both have that look on their face like they couldn't care less if they were being insulting.

"The prince."

I didn't eavesdrop, or make a habit of butting into conversations, but if someone was talking shit about a good person I was going to step in.

"Prince Nicolas is a good guy." I say, trying to stick up for him.

"You really believe that?" Siena asks, as if she can't imagine how that's possible.

"He's not the least bit shallow and spends all his time with us all. He's making sure to take every single one of us on dates, given us all the same chance and I don't know about you, but when he was with me he was nothing but polite. The only reason he got rid of Olivia was because she was running her mouth."

The two girls sit in front of me like that can't believe what they're hearing.

"If you still think he's shallow after all he's done for us, then maybe you're the shallow ones."

Sienna gasped, flinching back like I'd slapped her and Fiona went downright red with anger.

"I can't believe you called us shallow! How horrible." Fiona says with a scowl.

I scoff, "You just said the same thing about the prince. And I'd like to think he'd agree with me after the way you two talk about him."

"You're despicable and I will not spend another minute with you." Sienna says, getting up to leave and waiting expectantly for Fiona to follow her.

"Some people can't admit when they're wrong." Fiona spits towards me and I roll my eyes.

I respond with, "I know right."

The two girls fled the room together, muttering quietly and shooting me nasty looks as they went.

~~~~~

Nicolas

The next week and a half I spent going on dates, so I could get through everyone. I didn't want anyone to miss out so I took my time with all the girls, getting to know them.

I had some entertaining ones. Others didn't go so well.

Scarlett and I went horse riding, and she fell off the horse more than once, laughing it off and almost purposefully covering herself in mud.