13 | The Report

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

- The moment you want to quit is the moment you need to keep pushing -

~~~~~

Tamara

I was supposed to be wearing a stunning sparkly blush coloured gown, but that beautiful dress had been ruined. It wasn't fair some of us were targeted, having our dresses slashed, and we were forced into whatever was left.

The report was starting and I was in red now, but it didn't fit quite right and I didn't have time to try it on and adjust the hem. I tried to make up for it by doing an elegant twisted bun in my hair, but it didn't feel enough.

Some of the girls, who's dresses weren't cut in the work room, looked gorgeous and perfect.

Nitara particularly looked stunning in pale blue with her hair curled expertly. I was jealous of how good she looked when she came in, but delighted when she came and sat with me.

Scarlett was beside her, in red like me, but brighter while mine was more maroon. Her dark hair contrasted so well, so it seemed she had a similar idea to me. Scarlett's lipstick shade was also a vibrant candy red.

Scarlett sat on one side of Nitara in designated selection sitting area while I sat on the other.

Most of the selection girls were sitting and chatting, until the last two girls came in. I think everyone looked over to see.

I was impressed. Kaya looked flawless, but Samantha beside her looked angelic and radiant.

Despite Samantha's initial dress being ruined like mine, she had put together something that looked undoubtedly gorgeous on her.

Samantha was wearing a purple gown with a long, soft skirt that had glitter in the layers. Her blonde hair was pulled half up and left naturally wavy, but it was her bright smile that drew everyone to look over at her.

Kaya had her arm linked with Samantha, in a hot orange, slim fitting gown that made her figure look amazing. She could pull off a lot of incredible looks with her dark skin tone.

After a moment everyone returned to chatting away while we waited for the report.

The issue with the dresses wasn't the only thing the girls were talking about, because apparently there was a fire set off in the kitchens earlier today.

Prince Nicolas had been involved and rumours were spreading quickly, because he hadn't arrived yet. The king and queen were also not present in the filming studio right now, and the report would start soon.

"What happened with the prince?" I ask Nitara beside me.

"We were there when it started. There was lots of smoke and the prince ran into the kitchen to help people. I didn't see if he came out because I left the room."

"I hope he's ok." I say, worried for him. What would happen if he wasn't ok? Would they still run the report?

Scarlett leans over to look at me, "I saw him come out, and he was coughing and spluttering much worse that the other chefs that came out of there. Except all of us were pushed out of the room by the medics after that, so it must have been pretty serious."

"Oh my god." I said and Nitara gasped.

Suddenly the lady, Mandy, came up to talk to the selected. She clapped her hands a few times to gather everyone's attention.

"Ladies, we will begin in a minute so please focus. Today you won't be individually interviewed because most of that happened at the garden party, but they might decide to ask some questions to a select few of you."