9 | Berry Picking

CHAPTER NINE

- Some days I wish I could go back in life. Not to change anything, but to feel a few things twice -

~~~~~

Nicolas

The following day I was spending time with my youngest sister, Lilliana. She was chatting away about the selected girls, sitting on the bed rambling away, and asking millions of questions about my dates.

"And who else did you go out with yesterday? That one you set up in the garden?" She asks, braiding a stand of her blonde hair in front of her face.

I nod and spin on my chair to face her, "That was Kalisa and I. We had some lovely food. She even got me up and teaching her to dance."

"That sounds romantic." Lilliana says dreamily.

"I guess. She's such a lovely girl too."

Lilly looks to me questioning, "Do you think the selected girls would be my friends?"

"I think they all would love to be your friend Lil."

My sister grins happily and looks out the window, thinking off about something.

Suddenly there was a sharp knock at the door and I noticed my sister snap out of her thoughts. I rose from my seat by the desk to go answer it when Lilly stopped me as I walked by her.

My sister grabbed my arm quickly, "Don't leave yet Nick."

I smiled down at her, trying not to make her worry, "I'm not going anywhere Lil. Don't worry. Just let me answer the door."

She nodded silently and I went and opened the door, seeing it was just our other sister Avery.

"Hey Nick, hey Lils." Avery says as she strides in, looking between us curiously, "What are we talking about?"

"The selection, what else." I say to fill her in.

"Ah. Sick of them all already are you Nick?" She asks, only half joking and takes a seat beside Lilly on the bed.

"I wouldn't say that. But planning dates is quite tiring. I have no clue what girls like."

"Then it's a good thing I'm here, isn't it?" Avery says confidently, "I can give you heaps of ideas."

~~~~~

Kaya

Today was a relaxed day, because the girls were all just hanging out together in the day room. Jessica was braiding Mary's hair, gossiping about who had spent the most time with the prince.

A group of the girls were playing a cart racing game on the tv, Tamara and Nitara cheering on Eliza and Amina as they were versing each other.

Others were going through the palace's heel selection to match their outfits. The collection was extensive and shoes were scattered around one half of the room.

I was sitting with Samantha and we were chatting when the prince came in. He called for everyone's attention after seeing we were all here.

"Ladies, please listen up. I have an important announcement." Prince Nicolas says.

Everyone was suddenly paying attention, and I noticed with a smirk that many girls flipped their hair and sat up straighter to draw his eye. I honestly couldn't care less about whether he noticed me in this room, I didn't think that would get me any closer to getting to know him.