12 | Sabotage

CHAPTER TWELVE

- Our little stupid conversations means more to me that you will ever know -

~~~~~

Nicolas

The garden party, mostly, was successful yesterday. Despite a few hiccups like the incident with Elena, the interviews went well and I spent some time with a lot of the girls which was nice.

Now I was going to my study, with a goal to get some work done. Striding down the hall towards the office I work in, I turn the corner and find myself in the path of four of the selected girls.

They were chatting away, clearly friendly with one another due to their smiles and laughter, with baskets in their arms.

The four of them from left to right were Kaya, Jessica, Mary and Samantha.

Kaya was dressed in a light grey dress that contrasted her dark skin beautifully. Her long hair was pulled in a bun that sat loosely on her head.

Jessica's short brown hair was wavy today, not long enough to pull back, but it looked cute with her forest green jumpsuit. As always she was grinning from ear to ear, seeming so happy to be socialising.

Mary had her long hair down, her glasses perched on her nose gently and a hint of colour on her lips. She looked pretty in her pale pink day dress, but didn't meet my eye like the others. It was clear she had a shier personality then some.

And lastly Samantha. She had her blonde hair loose over her shoulders, falling onto the white material of her dress that had an orange butterfly pattern on it. I liked the sleeves of her dress because they were short and feathered out.

The girls noticed me quickly and it got all of them to smile. I noticed Jessica and Samantha were holding wicker baskets that had red cloth layering the inside, but from my position I couldn't see what was inside.

As I approached they all curtsied.

"Good morning ladies." I say with a smile.

"Your highness." Jessica says first which is repeated by Samantha and Kaya.

Mary gives a meek, "Hello."

"What are you girls up to today?"

"We made cookies. Would you like one?" Jessica extended her basket out towards me with an encouraging grin and I couldn't say no.

"Sure. Are these choc chip?"

"Yup." Jessica chirped, popping the p sound as she watched me take one from the basket.

I take the bite, suddenly being nervous with the girls watching me eat, and try to smile.

The cookie however tastes amazing, so I say, "These are really good."

I was always fond of a gooey cookie over a crunchy one, and this was perfect. It was still warm and had melted chocolate bits in the center.

"I knew you'd love them." Kaya says proudly and Jessica smiles too.

"It was mainly Jess, Kaya and Mary. I'm not much of a baker." Samantha says with a shrug, but still smiling as she nudges Mary.

Mary seemed hesitant to talk, simply nodding modestly and ducking her head to adjust her glasses.

"Well I'm glad you girls are sharing these creations, they are marvellous. I'll certainly need the recipe."

"It's a secret." Jessica says.