32 | The Final Cut

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

~ You are always one decision away from a totally different life ~

~~~~~

Willow

As soon as we thought this attack was over, and everyone was going about there usual activities, another attack started. I was confused at first, why the alarms were going off again. My first thought was that it was a mistake, that some technical fault was causing the sound to ring out again. It had only been a couple of hours.

Then I realised it was probably the plan of the attackers all along, to weaken our guard. And they were right because they got further inside this time. I heard the smashing of glass and panicked screams from further off.

I resisted the urge to freak out and went to try and make sure the other girls were safe.

I was on the first floor, having come out of the day room, so I knew there was probably attackers nearby. I pushed back onto the wall to scan my surroundings. I could hear men shouting and running around, yet I couldn't see anyone.

I spent a few minutes weaving around a few corridors in search of other selected, yet I didn't find anyone. I suppose everyone was trying to kept quiet and out of sight.

Then I heard a scream of one of the girls and I ran to help. Where the hell were the guards when you needed them?

I found my answer as I came across several unconscious bodies, officers slumped on the ground, some bloodied. It happened in a matter of minutes.

Another female cry rang out, a different sounding person this time, so I hurried to get down the corridor.

I came to the day room, finally seeing the situation.

Samantha was in there, with a dirty looking bloke approaching her. Thankfully he had no weapons, but Samantha was holding a thin wooden chair in front of herself protectively. 

The man who was cornering her didn't look all too friendly, so I went to step in. But I was a second too late by the time I ran in, as he shoved the chair back against Samantha and her body slammed into the wall.

I ran to the man and pushed him away with all my strength, enraged. I didn't like people who hurt women. I punched him square in the jaw and he cried out, but I struck again quickly, before he had a chance to fight back.

"Fucking bitch."

The man spat blood out at me, clearly dazed like he couldn't see properly. I didn't care, he was an asshole for trying to hurt an innocent girl.

I decided on one last blow, swinging around and lifting my leg to land a hard kick right on his nose. It gave a satisfying crunch. Thankfully he fell back onto the floor, hopefully knocked out. I needed time to get Samantha out of here.

"Samantha?" I said, hurriedly moving to her side, "Girl, can you hear me?"

She nods limply, so I pull her arm around me and get her to stand so we can move away. I can hear more footsteps outside that sound like more bad guys coming so I hurry to get us out.

Samantha sounds like she's struggling to breath, or maybe she's just panicky, but either way she doesn't seem alright.

"I'm getting us out of here. Did you see any of the other girls around?" I ask as we move out of the room and down the corridor, putting distance between us and the bad guy.

She nods again, "I...distracted the guy...they ran."

"So everyone you were with are safe?"

Samantha nods again, then winces.