16 | Come and Go

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

- Don't do it for anyone else. They're not paying attention anyway. Your job is to create a life that you are happy to live every day, that's all -

~~~~~

Nicolas

A couple of uneventful days passed. Mainly because I was putting off the inevitable elimination. I didn't know how to do it, but I knew I had to. I'd avoided it for a while, because it wasn't the same as how Olivia had left.

So, finally, at dinner one night I read out a list of names once my family had left the room.

"Ladies, I would like a few of you to remain behind for a quick chat. So if I call your name can you please remain seated, the rest of you may go." I say, holding the small square of paper.

"Tiana, Ishani, Fiona and Sienna. That is all."

The majority of the group left the room, looking around curiously and whispering theories to each other. I tried not to give anything away with my facial expression. I tucked away the paper, not exactly sure how I should break the news.

Once it was only the four girls left I cleared my throat hesitantly seeing their expectant faces.

Sienna sat up straighter and smiled at me, "Are we getting some special time with you, your highness?"

I frown, "Uh, no, actually. I'm sad to have to inform you four, but I've decided not to keep you girls in the selection any longer. I don't want to waste your time when I don't feel a connection."

Sienna seems stunned, gasping and looking appalled that I was sending her home.

Fiona had a similar reaction, except more annoyed than anything.

"It's nothing against you ladies, so I hope you understand. You are all wonderful people. I'll have some staff help you gather your things and arrange travel to get you back home."

"I can't believe this!" Sienna stood and left swiftly, shortly followed by Fiona.

Tiana got up and smiled at me softly, "I saw it coming. Thank you for the opportunity Prince Nicolas."

"Thank you Miss Tiana. Let me know if you need anything more before you leave."

She nods and leaves the room silently as Ishani stays seated.

"Are you alright Miss Ishani?"

With a firm nod she rises, "Yes. Goodbye your highness."

And then, just like that, four more were gone.

~~~~~

The following morning I was with my parents and Lilliana in the drawing room, which was a more private lounge area for us royals.

"What are the plans for today Nick?" My mother asks me, while my dad serves her tea.

"I don't believe we have much planned. Of course I will still have to see the selected girls for a bit."

"Perhaps you could spend some time with Tate and Kendall, they're coming over to London for a few days." Dad says.

"And Harper?" Lilliana asks and my mum nods.

"Yes, of course."

I'm surprised, "I haven't seen her in ages."

Tate and Kendall were my parents friends, and their daughter Harper was one of my good friends who I only saw when they travelled over, which wasn't very often. Harper is like a cousin to me really and I missed her when she was away on long journeys.