31 | Missing

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

~ Your heart is safe here ~

~~~~~

Nicolas

The following day Serena, Colin and Astra all returned home, along with Gabby and Josh who went back to check on Aunty Charlotte's health. I'd heard an update she was doing much better.

The Spanish royals were set to stay an extra two days, since the journey they'd made was a long one.

Today I was spending time with the selected girls. Many of them were hanging around me in the billiard room, wanting to chat or just be around the commotion. However I still had a looming elimination on my mind.

Now every time I looked at the girls I was considering whether I should keep them here.

I was just chatting with Elena, who seemed rather chipper today. The rest of the girls were either playing video games or a couple seemed to have set up some painting in the corner.

"And Lilliana? Does she like archery too?" Elena asks over her morning tea, a scone with jam and cream.

I shake my head, "No. Avery is the only one who's truely good enough to enjoy it. I'm still perfecting it."

"Well I'm sure you'd be better than me." She says with a laugh and that makes me smile. She'd become a lot more comfortable now I'd dealt with the ex boyfriend situation, like a weight off her shoulders.

I didn't know if I should tell Elena but when we'd been searching for evidence on him we'd found several claims of abuse from other girls that hadn't been seriously followed through. Even during the time they were together, which made it worse.

All she needed to know was that we'd put him behind bars, which was the main thing.

Elena smiles as Jessica calls her over to play whatever they're playing on the when we were loudly interrupted.

The blaring emergency alarm of an attack on the palace suddenly rang out.

The selected girls panicked, many of them squealing or standing up ready to run away. We directed everyone to move away from the windows, because we've found the attackers tend to like smashing them.

Thankfully we were on the 3rd floor, so if anyone broke in they wouldn't reach us too quickly. Guards would be swarming downstairs by now.

However, only about half of the selected girls were with me. The rest we off doing other activities.

"Girls, please remain calm and be seated." I say as I see a guard signal to me that they are locking the doors. The girls that had stood sat back down on the couches, the chatter starting up as they all became nervous.

I did a head count of all the girls in the room with me. There were 10, so that meant 5 weren't here.

"Who's not here and do any of you know where they are?" I ask and some of the girls start speaking over the top of each other to I wait until I can hear someone clearly.

"Kalisa and Crystal were together having brunch." Leah informs me.

I nod, "Anyone else?"

"Amina and Molly were heading to the training room, to workout I think."

"Ok, I think they will be alright." I say, knowing if they are on the second floor they will probably be able to find somewhere to wait it out. And at least they are together. The training room was safe as there was always guards around.