33 | Kisses

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

~ Sometimes you have to diverge from the path that people expect you to take and follow the call of your heart ~

~~~~~

Nicolas

Now that Samantha, Kalisa and Eliza were the final three girls left in my selection, I had a big decision to make.

Choosing my future wife. The future queen of this country.

So, in order to make my big decision, I was taking turns with each of them on one final date. Time alone with them would solidify what choice I was thinking of making.

I had permission, thankfully, to get out of the palace for these dates, so I was going all out. And I hadn't been to an ice rink in ages.

Kalisa was first up. We'd just arrived at the date location.

"Ice skating?" She asks, her face lighting up as she admires the space.

She's tied up her curly hair, with a fuzzy beanie covering the brown locks. When we arrived inside she pulled off her thick coat, so she's now in a pink long sleeve and black skirt. Matching black tights and boots adorn her legs and feet.

Kalisa was clearly excited to see our date setup, jogging off down the aisle to the side of the rink. She looked through the barrier with wonder as I came down the steps after her.

"Yeah. What do you think?" I ask as I move to her side.

She grins, "It's awesome. Wow, this place is huge. Why are we the only ones here?"

"I booked out the place."

Kalisa turns to me and puts her hands on her hips.

"You didn't have to go all royalty on me Nick." She says with a laugh, "Can we just pretend to be two normal people on a date right now?"

I motion you the rink, "That's what this is. Just with the whole place to ourselves."

Kalisa gives in with a sigh, trying to hide her smile, "I mean I guess it is nice. I like that there's music too."

"It's nice." I say and then sort out some shoes for us both to get on to the rink.

Together we sit down and I hand her a pair of skates, putting my own on and tying up the laces. Within moments Kalisa is eagerly getting up to skate, pulling me along.

We open the door to the rink and take off our shoe guards before we step onto the ice. Kalisa skates out to the middle of the rink and twirls a few times.

"You look like a pro." I say, "Done this a few times?"

She nods, "Heaps growing up."

"Maybe you can teach me because I feel like I might fall over." I say, honestly not the best skater. I'd only done ice skating a handful of times as a kid.

"Here."

She skates over and takes my hand, smoothly moving backwards as I come forward. I meet her eye for a second, afraid if I'm not looking at my feet I'll fall, and she's grinning widely.

After a few laps of the rink she lets go of my hand and I manage to go for a bit without wobbling.

"See? You're getting it." She says and skates off ahead of me to spin and glide around the rink a dozen more times.

I even try a spin to which Kalisa applauds me for.

"Well done Nick."

"I seem to be getting better."