Bandaged-Tanjiro x Sick! reader

Warning: The reader has bad health in this chapter, so if you are not comfortable with that genre then I will make another tanjiro x reader a little later on.
-------------

As you layed there helpless, only one sentence could repeat in your mind over and over.

"Am I going to die?"

You have been asking yourself that dreaded question since the day you accedentaly ran into a upper moon.

They almost killed you, but luckily, This upper moon didn't kill women.

It pained you to know that the only reason you were still alive, is because of that demon's oath to not kill your gender.

You knew you couldn't defeat him, but you had to try.

Tanjiro Kamado and you have been dating for a year now, You met at the final selection. Since then, you guys would travel together when you could, defeating demons and gathering justice for the poor souls who lost their lives to those hideous monsters.

You were struck down only a week ago, when tanjiro realized you were missing, and went to find you. He found your half-dead body sitting up against a tree, cuts and bruises and even more everywhere.

You could only imagine the fear he would've felt.

Next thing you knew, you woke up in a hospital bed. You couldn't move, there were bandages wrapped around every inch of your body, and the pain was excruciating.

But what was worse, your open injuries that day gathered infections for being out in the cold for to long before being taken inside, now leading in deadly or painful infections.

And that lead you to the present.

Your eyes started to feel heavy, indicating that your body wanted to go to sleep again. This is the 3rd time you've fallen asleep today?

You can't really remember.

Just as you started to drift off, you heard the door to your part of the ward open.

You heard someone sigh, then a clang of tray being put down right near you.

Though before you could hear anything else, your sleep schedule got the best of you.

Tanjiro's POV
-------

Its been almost a week since I brought y/n back to the butterfly mansion.
Her wounds are slowly healing, though the bandages still need to be changed everyday.

Her sickness though...

Shinobu is still working on what she might have. But by the way that she mumbled to herself worriedly, only makes me terrorfied that y/n's condition may be worse than we thought.

She sleeps all day, its probably over exhaustion and anxiety. I really don't want her to suffer.

I keep on thinking that she must be terrorfied right now, if her current body could be.

I love y/n, and I would do anything to fix this.

That darn Akaza...

Who does he think he is?!

--------

By the time I got back to the butterfly mansion after I was called to handle a demon, it was time for y/n's medicine.

I talked to shinobu, who told me that I should bring the pills to her, otherwise she wouldn't take them.

I sighed, wondering why this had to happen to her.

I opened the door quietly, basically expecting her to be asleep. And I was right.

I placed the tray down beside her, on her bed side table. I shared her lightly,
And called out her name a few times before she opened her eyes.

When she saw me, a weak smile adorned her face.

"Tanjiro..?"

Her voice was getting sounless by the day.

"its me. I'm here. You need to take your medicine now..."

I gently whispered back to her, placing my hand over hers.

Her hand was cold, and shaking.

‐-----------------

After I had finished giving her her pills and helping shinobu change the bandages, the insect hashira suggested that she leave to give us some time alone.

I kneeled down to her level on the bed, holding one of her hands on the both of mine, trying my best to make her feel comforted and warm.

"Tanjiro..."

She mumbled to me.

"Yes? Do you need anything?"

I quickly replied back.

"Am I going to die?"

"...."

My eyes widened, my heart sank in my chest, and my hands clenched hers tighter.

"No. How dare you ask a question like that."

"I'm sorry I ju-"

I cut her off.
"I will never let you die like this"

She looked at me, sadness and fear in her eyes.

I stood up, leaning over her head, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"Not until death do us part"

I whispered to her. Our faces just inches away from eachother.

It's moments like these that I really have to cherish.
I know that we aren't going to be around forever, so I just have take advantage of the opportunity to live with her.

"I love you, y/n"

Word count: 815