Traveler from Afar- Tanjiro x Reader

--------------------

Warnings: None.

---------------------

It's been quite a while since your village had hosted any newcomers, many of it's inhabitants new each other very well. Your home is located on a river, a large and popular one that flows right through japan, but strangely enough no one really adventures far out where you live. (Most likely because it's far from a largely populated civilization that is actually on the map.) However, you were happy. The others in the village knew you and saw you as a lively, youthful young woman that would always lend a helping hand when asked for it. Everyone was friends with everyone, it was a harmony. But, to be honest, it got kind of boring. You were waiting for something out of the ordinary to happen. For a stranger to pass by. It had been so long since you had last seen someone you'd never seen before, And you were determined that if that opportunity ever came, you would be the first to snatch them over and know everything about them. What were their travels like? Where have they been? Where are they going? What does it look like? All of the questions about the outside world you had dying to be answered.

At the moment you were slipping on your sandals, ready to go and deliver a box of goods packed by your mother to a bunch of different people in the village. Your mother was known as the best cook on the riverside, or course.

"It looks like i won't be back until dark. Don't wait to eat!"

"Okay honey, just be careful! remember to fill up the water at the well before you come back as well!"

your mother shouted back from inside the house, while you heaved the woven baskets stacked on top of each other into your arms. Stepping carefully down the cracked stone path, you eventually made it to the dirt road, where many people were harvesting the crops out in the fields as it was harvest time. Some little children played around with paper kites, gasping in delight when they noticed you.

"Y/n-san!"

One of the kids shouted, running over to you with 2 other trailing behind. This child had a clean cut of shiny black hair, His name was Hiroto. He is the son of one your mother's co-workers in the fields, And his father is a high-standing member on the board for governing the village. While you know that Hiroto may be a bit of a smug brat at times, he is a good child and speaks politely. Most of the time at least.

"Come play with us, Y/n-san!" a little girl, Yua, Sounded cheerfully.

"I'm sorry everyone, but have to run an errand for some of the grown-ups. I can play with you tomorrow, okay?"

Your answer earned a groan of disappointment from the kids but understanding looks.

Giving them one last smile and goodbye, you headed of in the direction of a house on a hill by the water side.

Just as you were walking, you glanced beside you, your image reflecting in the river's blue water. Your moment was interrupted when you heard a loud bang, and then felt yourself crashing into someone.

Some of the boxes drooped, making you gasp and drop to the floor to pick them up before the food got ruined. Luckily, nothing was dirtied or broken.

You were about to stand up to apologize to the person, when you saw a hand reach down, gesturing for you to grab it and to lift yourself up. You looked up at the face at which it belonged to, and to your utmost surprise, you did not recognize them. It was a young man, maybe the same age as you were, With burgundy tipped-hair and the same colour eyes. He wore a black and green checkered haori, And was carrying a large heavy-looking box on his back. He looked at you with a gentle smile, which you were not expecting at all.