Family-Rengoku x Wife! reader

Just as you thought you couldn't get any unluckier, you felt the small, spitting water drops on your kimono start falling more heavily. Next thing you knew, you were trying your best to run home, hand over head to shield you from the pouring rain.

As you ran down the overgrown, surrounded by trees path, you could only vividly see that in the distance was the suttle light of the inside of you and your husband's  house.

You had just been down into the town to collect supplies and food, since you had your lover, Rengoku kyojuro waiting for you to make him something if he wasn't to lazy to get up and do it himself.

But in the end, you knew he was a Hashira of the demon slayer corps, and you understood how that would've taken up alot of energy, so you let him rest when he could.

You panted, stopping quickly by the woodshed that just happened to have a lighted lantern and a hay bale for you to sit on while you caught your breath.

You layed down your belongings, the groceries you had bought for meals, and your little bundle of joy that you take everywhere with you.

With the rain still falling hard, the sound was loud. You stood up from sitting on the hale bale, breathing a sigh of relief that you could get out of the storm within the cover of the wooden boards that topped the little shed.

Suddenly, you heard a little whimper come from your things that were currently placed on the small wooden boxes.

You quickly shuffled over, bringing the ball of cloth into your arms, rocking it from side to side.

You looked down at your daughter's little poofy face, embedded in a warm fabric that allowed you to carry her on your back.

Her big eyes opened, staring up into yours.

She started to whine and whimper even more, probably about to cry from the cold and wetness.

To prevent that from happening, your thumb reached for her cheek, rubbing it gently, making her instantly calm down.  Her little hands reached for your head, as far as their small arms could lift them to try and touch your face.

"Come on, it's freezing out here. You might catch a cold..."

You said to her, looking out into the rain, then back at the light coming through the trees.

Your home was somewhat isolated from other places, you had people that would pass by here to get to the city. Sometimes travellers, too.
Your traditional house was surrounded by a snowy and thick woods, exept for the opening that parted through the trees, leading you into the open, where you could easily see the rolling hills and mountains.

The rice fields and other crops owned by the neighbours where also visible through the open doors, and you would often let travellers in need of help into your estate to assist them.

Your husband, rengoku, told you not to do that since you never know who you might be letting inside, but you could for some reason, always tell when someone had no bad intentions.

It was currently the rainy season here, henceforth all the snow and the bad weather of the present.

--------

After holding up your daughter close to your chest so that she wouldn't get cold,  you dashed to the house, instantly sliding open the many doors that decorated the wall.

You took a sigh of relief, looking around the room.

You placed Your daughter down in her little area in the corner of the room, instantly heating up and falling asleep straight away once her body hit the soft fabric.

You peered over at her sleeping form, immediately feeling warm inside.

"Darling, your Kimono is soaking wet...Put this on."

You heard your Husband stride toward you.

You turned around, Rengoku walking in the doorway to the other room wearing his white sleeping kimono.

He draped his flame haori over your shoulders, coming up behind you and wrapping his strong arms around your waist.

He nuzzled his head into your neck, also taking glances at his Sleeping baby.

"Kyojuro, Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

You asked him, turning your head slightly,

"I wasn't tired"

You sighed, knowing that if you wanted him to go to sleep, it was going to take a lot of persuasion. But luckily, you knew exactly what he couldn't resist.

"Kyo, if you come to bed with me, we can cuddle. How about that, hm?"

Your smiled softly, turning fully to face him.

"I already fed her, so there's no need to get up"

You said looking at your child, then back at rengoku who was obviously trying his best to not give in.

He failed.

-----------------

Y/n got changed into her Pjamas, while rengoku was waiting for her to come join him.

As all the lights in the house went off, only sound of the thunder and rain was being heard. It was truly a peaceful night, the moon shining brightly against the floorboards, with the smell of wisteria to set you to sleep.

Y/n fell into a deep and happy slumber, resting within the inseparable cage of Rengoku Kyojuro's arms.

Rengoku, feeling the warmth of y/n's body snuggled up against his, eventually set him into a deep trance aswell.

Now all that wall left to add,
Was your daughter's Night-crying genes to kick in at 2am.

Word count: 914