Tears may fall-Shinobu x Demon! reader

Warning: The reader in this chapter is turned into a demon, And its basically Shinobu's reaction and a goodbye.

I wouldn't consider it angst, but it is kinda sad if you ask me.

-------------

Rengoku and Kanao were waiting outside in the cold for hours, standing infront of the butterfly mansion just hoping that Shinobu took the current situation well.

News spreads fast throughout the demon slayer corps. The latest gossip, a pillar was turned into a demon.

But not just any pillar,

Shinobu's girlfriend.

Everyone knew that the insect Hashira and y/n were dating, and that they loved eachother to their graves. That's why so many were waiting for Shinobu's return from the forest just to see her reaction to it all.

It Happened so fast.

You were out deep in the forest alone one night. against Shinobu's concerns, you were able to pick up the aura of a powerful demon. You told yourself you were capable of defeating it,

But you underestimated them.

You had accidentally picked up the scent of an upper moon.

He wounded you badly, on the brink of death.

You were being stupid that night, pushing aside your limits and surpassing your energy level by who knows how many times.

In the end, You were too tired and hurt to fight.

-Flashback-

You glared into the six eyes of the merciless monster, standing above you as he drew his sword, ready to give the final blow.

You sat on your back, Unable to move. The excruciating pain you felt in your shoulder and right ribs was pushing you closer to passing out right then and there.

But yet again, you refused to give up.

Gritting your teeth, you Planted your arm on the snow to support your weight while you tried to stand up. Stuttering to your feet and gripping your arm in pain, the demon took a step back, admiring your determination and bravery to stand up to such a high-ranking being such as himself.

You lifted your head, giving him a good look at your absolute desire to kill him.

You saw the Demon stiffen a little as you were able to sense some kind of fear within him.

You don't know what he saw, but you thought it was something to do with his life as human, or maybe that Red-eyed Micheal Jackson wannabe that he gives his utmost loyalty to.

Either way, you were losing more and more blood by the second. You were bearly standing up, you felt like you were going to pass out any minute now.

"I intended to kill you, but you don't seem fit for death."

His voice was deep, but he spoke like a knife straight through the heart.

Shivers were sent down your spine.

"What do you mean...?"

You coughed loudly, blood spilling out of your mouth.

"You'll see."

He lunged toward you, in matter of pure milliseconds unsheathed his sword.

You stepped back in fear, only to have him speed right past you. But something was very different.

Time was slow. Everything was freezed, until a sudden Pang erupted in your chest and stomach. You fell backwards, Blood spilling out of your mouth as the Deep and giant slash across your chest remained fully open and fresh.

You could only remember yourself hitting the ground with a hard thump, though you couldn't feel anything.

Kokushibou Stepped over you, slicing his wrist open with his sword. His blood trickled down his arm, falling onto the slash that grew right across your chest. you were Partly confused, Until you realized what he was trying to do.

You started to squirm, with what limbs you had left. But you quickly realized,

You had no hope.

"Shinobu...I'm so sorry.."

A single tear rolled down your cheek as your world faded into nothing.

---------------●

{3 Days later,}

{Midnight in the forest.}

-----------------●

Tears streamed down Shinobu's face as her hand, gentle but shaking in fear slightly touched your pale cheeks as she went to cup them.

It broke your heart to see Shinobu this way, And the constant Horror that she would reject you has haunted you since the second you woke up as one of those horrible beasts.

Shinobu stared into your now sorrowful, heartbroken and guilty eyes, her heart sinking in her chest as she held your hands and felt your sharp nails.

"How did this happen...?"

She mumbled, never taking her eyes of your now inhuman form.

She burst into even more tears, gripping your haori on your chest and burying her face in your neck. She gritted her teeth, her sobs and cries filling the Vacancy of silence in the quiet forest that faithful night.

You hated it how you could no longer feel the need to cry, you hated it how you could no longer comfort Shinobu the way that you did when you were human.

You wrapped your arms around her figure, Squeazing her tightly as a tear rolled down your cheek. Just listening to Your girlfriend cry and scream in sorrow and horror and you could do nothing about is what you hated most.

Shedding tears with her, you felt Shinobu's arms unwrap themselves from your body, leaning back to sit on her knees as she kneeled infront of you. You felt her warmness leave you in the cold, already needing her touch again.

Her hair shaded her face, but you could tell she was in horrible distress.

"Shinobu-"

"It wasn't your fault."

She cut you off, with a tone that uou've never heard before. She was usually very kind and sweet-tone, but this was a different case.

She sounded like she was about to have a huge mental breakdown. Her voice cracked, as more tears started flowing once again.

"Shinobu...you do understand that we cannot be together now, right..?"

As much as it pained you to say those words, you did not want her to get hurt or kicked out of the demon slayers because of you.

"I don't want anything to happen to you..."

You took her hands in yours, they were shaking.

"I understand."

She spoke so plainly.

No cracks, nothing.

This is hurting her as much as it is hurting you.

But it's for her own good.

"Y/n..after we defeat muzan, I will find you and turn you back into a human. Then we can be together again"

Her head looked up at you, a sad smile and tears welling up once again adorned your Lover's face.

This was the moment when your heart snapped in two.

"Y-you promise...?"

"I promise."

And with that, shinobu stood up and turned around.

She looked back at you, Happy sadness filled her eyes.

"I love you, Shinobu"

"I love you to, y/n."

Farewell .

Word count: 1123