Yan!Obanai x Princess!Reader (KINGDOM AU) PT2

Pt.2 is here!

---------------------------------------

"Im sure that now we have formally read the telegram we sent to you aloud, we expect you respect our requests... no?"

Your father, as pale as snow, felt the sick feeling of anxiety rise in stomach once again. This is the moment where he realizes that he would now have to give you away to make peace for his kingdom. His eyes darted around the throne room, to all of his advisors and people in there at the time the conversation between the two armies went down, before in a hurry of fear, skimmed over prince Obanai. But the king felt a large shudder go down his spine as the piercing eyes of the opposing prince bored into his soul from the right side of his head. even when your not looking at him, you could still feel his eyes.

They looked almost... expectant.

"How about this, King L/N, we understand this must be sudden and hard for you to take in. but we can guarantee you. if you hand over your daughter, not only will your kingdom be saved, but we promise that she will bathe in riches, and every luxury and need she requires will be met with quick excellency. I'm sure my dearest son here will make sure of that."

 Obanai's father shared a quick glance at his son. 

you felt sick to the stomach. 

This whole time you were listening to their conversation, the bile rising up and down your throat due to the massive amounts of fear that was washing over you every time someone in that large hall spoke.

But you loved your country.

Even if that meant leaving everything you've ever known and had, marrying someone you've never met that could well and truly abuse or murder you the second you are taken across the borders. When you are taken out of your kingdom, anything can happen. not to mention, forced to be Empress of your enemy empire, that almost destroyed your whole nation and killed everyone you cared about, and give birth to and mother a monster's children.

Nevertheless, if it was for the safety and freedom of your country and all of it's inhabitants, you would go through hell without hesitation. 

That was your undying commitment to your kingdom. 

"How about this, we will give you a week to decide what you do. But remember king L/N, it's your daughter, or your whole kingdom." 

------------------------------

After that, you and your father had a sullen conversation about what was going to happen. It was now the 2nd day, and the whole kingdom is buzzing with the news of the enemy empire being housed in the royal palace. Of course, now everywhere you went you could see the Iguro crest's guards and people hurrying around your home. You could go nowhere without seeing advisors or horses being lead... or a guard following you to make sure you weren't going to try anything before the prince. But one thing had bothered you.

This entire time, you hadn't spoken to the prince even once. He didn't even share a glance at you. Like at dinner last night in the large hall with the long table, the Emperor and prince were invited to dine with you and your father. The emperor suggested that you and prince Obanai sit next to each other, which of course, you opposed greatly, but father agreed, hesitantly. 

You were as stiff as a stick the entire time, Prince Obanai's height compared to yours is clearly taller, and of course, you were scared you would do something to anger him. The whole dinner you ate almost nothing, And your soon-to-be husband didn't even look at you. he was only listening to what his father had to say, and sending glares to your king. It was pretty clear he was really only interested in the political talk. But for some odd reason, he did not speak at all either. You would've thought he would've joined in on the conversation, but no, he was very quiet. Just like when he and his father first made their appearance in your throne room earlier that day.