Love letter-Zenitsu x Reader

Is that fanart cute or what?!

-----------

The bright, happy sun shined along the fields of bright green grass. Zenitsu stood with his head in his palm, admiring the beautiful outlook that only radiated the beauty of his beloved.

Tanjiro Then opened the Shoji door behind Zenitsu, startling him a bit.

The burgundy haired boy was carrying a tray with two cups of hot tea for the both of them.

"It's a nice day, isn't it."

Tanjiro smiled as he looked up at the clear blue sky. He placed the try down on the railing, handing a cup of the beverage to Zenitsu, which the boy in the yellow haori gladly accepted.

Tanjiro seemed to notice that zenitsu had his eyes fixed on something out in the yard. Curious, he Looked in that direction.

Y/n layed on the soft grass leaning against the trunk of the Giant cherryblossom tree.

Her haori Draped over her body having acted as a blanket for the Small rabbits that she likes to nurse. A white one, and a Black one. She held them close to her chest, each wrapped in the warmth and love of her embrace.

The way the sun reflected through the leaves of the tree and onto her hair and smooth skin only made a beautiful glow to her already stunning features.

She looked so peaceful. It seemed that everything around her blended in with y/n's beauty and Personality.

Tanjiro smirked, turning his head back to zenitsu who was dreamily staring at y/n's silhouette.

"Aren't you going to tell y/n that you like her?"

Zenitsu snapped out of his thoughts, turning to tanjiro with a mad blush spread across his cheeks. Panicing slightly, he started getting fidgety And spoke very fast.

"What?! No! What if she doesn't like me back! It's to soon! I wouldn't even know how! Noone loves meeeeeee....!"

His self-doubt started to kick in at the end, making it even harder.

"Zenitsu, I think that you should tell her while you still can. Noone's going  to be around for eternity, and neither are you. So Make the most of the moment! She's not going to be single forever!"

Zenitsu willingly listened to Tanjiro's pleading advice while wiping his balling tears.

"But..."

Tanjiro placed his hand on zenitsu's shoulder, ready to tell him the secret that he had overheard from someone a few days ago.

"Zenitsu, I need you to listen to me. You know how y/n and Mitsuri can stay over at eachother's and chat about whatever, right?"

Zenitsu lifted his brow.

"Yeah.. I know they do that. I saw Y/n over at Mitsuri's estate last friday"

"Awesome. Sooo, don't call me a creep, But I overheard some of their converstaion. Rengoku and Tengen were there, and they invited me to drink that night. Of course I made up an excuse and went to bathroom, but I had to pass Mitsuri's room to get there."

"Tanjiro where is this going?"

"You'll be happy, I swear."

"I will? Okay then..."

"I passed their room, and heard that they were talking about crushes and who they liked. Of course, That was only expected considering Mitsuri is the one to have mostly likely brang that subject up. Though it was muffled, I was able to hear Kanroji ask Y/n who she wanted to take with her to the festival."

Zenitsu brang his head in further, starting to get anxious.

"The rest of it was unreadable, but I was able to make one thing clear."

"Which is....?"

"Y/n really does like you, Zenitsu. She told mitsuri that she wanted to ask you but just didn't know how."

The yellow-haired boy's eyes widened.

"WHAAAAAAAT?!!?"

his face turned as red as a tomato, steam radiating from his face and out his ears.

"To be honest, I think she'd be more than delighted to see you ask her first. Show her what kind of a man you are, Zenitsu!"

Tanjiro fisted his arms in the air, cheering Zenitsu on. A few kakushi members looked their way but ignored it.

-Time skip to later that night-

It was around 1.00 am in the butterfly mansion, but zenitsu's room candle still hadn't gone out yet. 

Aoi was walking the hall when she Noticed, then carefully and quietly opening the door.

Zenistu was pacing  up and down the room, in his hand was a small white envelope with your name in messy but cursive writing written on the front.

Biting his nails in the other hand, Many thoughts were rushing through his head. What if you didn't like it? What if Tanjiro had misheard? After all, it was his sense of smell, not hearing.

"Zenitsu, It's very late!"

Clearly startled by sudden sound, zenitsu turned himself to face the girl in the doorway holding a candle.

"R-right, of course..."

He stuttered, slowly trembling over to the bed like a old man.

"If you want, I can deliver that"

Aoi said, pointing to the Letter in Zenitsu's hand that he was gripping formally.

His head shot up from the pillow, a sparkle in his eyes.

He tumbled out of bed and ran over aoi, Kneeling at her feet.

"Aoi, what would i do without you!"

He begged and pleaded, honestly making Aoi very uncomfortable.

Eventually she used shinobu waking up as a excuse to take the letter and leave, as you were staying in a different room just down the hall.

Aoi closed the door, taking a deep breath of relief and walking in the direction of your temporary chambers.

Slipping the envelope gently under the door, just enough so you would notice it.

She sure hoped that Y/n would exept Zenitsu's request, since Aoi Knew how much Zenitsu loved y/n.

With her hand clutching her heart, Aoi walked back to her quarters, where morning awaited.

----------------●

To my beloved Y/n,

To love is to share life together,

To build special plans just for two,
To work side by side
And then smile with pride

As one by one, all dreams come true.

If you do not mind,

I have a small favour to ask.

Meet me ontop of the hill that overlooks the Bay at sunset, before the Bell of the wisteria festival chimes.

I have something important that I have been dying to share with you.

It will be my treat.

From yours truly,

Zenitsu Agatsuma

----------------●

Part two??

Word count: 1076