white house cuddles

Just a short and fluffy chapter 💙 Thank you so much to my bestie joebidenloving For always helping me out! Enjoy! ❤️

August 26th, 2021

Jill is peacefully asleep in bed with Jacob right next to her in his bassinet. Joe is looking at some important documents while he talks to some advisors on the phone.

Just then, Jacob begins to cry due to needing a diaper change and is hungry.

Jill jumps out of her sleep, hearing her baby boy crying. Jill was the same exact way when Ashley was a newborn, she woke up instantly when she heard crying.

Jill yelps in pain from her c-section incision, realizing she sat up in bed way too fast.

Joe leaps over to the bed to stop Jill from hurting herself due to moving too fast.

"Take it easy, Jilly. Take it easy. I'll get him. Just lay down, you need the rest." Joe says softly to Jill.

"I've been in bed for the majority of the day. I need to get up, move around and take care of our baby." Jill says as she carefully picks Jacob up, causing him to calm down.

"Shh, it's okay, baby. It's okay. Mama's here. Mama's here. Are you hungry? Or do you have a nasty diaper?" Jill says softly to Jacob as she rubs up and down Jacob's back.

Joe admires his wife and baby boy together, they both look so beautiful. It's impossible for him to understand how he has deserved something as great as the both of them.

"Baby, you don't have to take him. I'm happy to do it because I can see your incision hurts. Besides, I need some Jakey time too." Joe walks over and caresses his son's head with his hand.

"Isn't that right, Jakey? You need some Dada time too!" Joe says happily in a babyfied voice at the newborn.

Jill carefully hands Jacob to Joe to hold so she can get out of bed. Jill slowly gets up out of master bed, feeling a little bit of pain, but nothing major and begins to walk around the bedroom.

Joe and Jacob go downstairs together to make Jacob a bottle. Jill decides to do the steps because she has to do them in order to get better.

Last time she did the steps, Hunter and Joe had to basically carry her up them that was almost a week ago.

Joe puts Jacob in his swing before going to the kitchen to make his bottle. Jacob is awake and is looking around the room not being able to see much since newborn vision is poor at this stage.

Slowly but surely, Jill makes it down the steps and walks over to Jacob and picks him up once again, smelling his bottom, realizing he really needs a diaper change.

"Joe! Jacob pooped. You can't feed him with a dirty diaper on." Jill says as she begins to change Jacob's diaper on the couch since it is easier on her.

"Jilly, I said you should stay in bed. Don't push yourself too hard! You won't be back in a flash and that's okay! Your body needs time to heal." Joe says, walking over to Jill who is cleaning up Jacob.

Joe leans down and whispers into Jill's ear "I need you to be whole again soon and all this stubbornness won't help that."

Jill finishes changing Jacob's diaper and holds him close to her, something she did with Ashley as well.

Jill's cheeks blush a bright red at Joe's comment as she smiles at Joe. Joe stands back up and smiles at Jacob being in Jill's arms.

"At least let me take the diaper now and sit down on the couch. You need to be careful, Jilly. We don't want a repeat of yesterday's try on exercise." Joe says to Jill.