covid negative + we are grandparents again!

*Joe, Jill and Jacob announce Joe's negative covid status as well as the birth of Ivy Emhoff. Please send suggestions on what you wanna see! Enjoy! Love • Bree 💙*

July 27th, 2022

Joe, Jill and Jacob have just arrived back to the White House after visiting Kamala, Doug, Maya and baby Ivy at Walter Reed Hospital Birth Center Suite.

Joe, Jill, Jacob and Devi all had a fun sleepover the night before because Kamala was in labor.

At 2:11am this morning, Kamala gave birth to her and Doug's second child, a baby girl named Ivy Shyamala Emhoff. Both Kamala and Ivy are healthy and happy.

After watching Devi last night, Jill and Joe gave Devi to Maya to watch for the remainder of Kamala's hospital stay, which will be two days.

Maya doesn't get to see Devi that often due to living on different side of the United States, so she is very happy to spend some one on one time bonding with her nephew, as well being able to witness her niece be born the night before!

Thankfully on July 26th, Joe tested negative for Covid-19, so he and Jill were able to watch Devi for Kamala and Doug. Just in time!

Last night, Jill and Jacob arrived back to Washington DC at around 9pm after Joe called Jill telling her she and Jacob could come home, thanks to a negative Covid test. While on the way home, Jill and Jacob picked up Devi before heading back to the White House without the press finding any of this out, which is a huge thing to do now a days.

Kamala and Doug both really wanted to have Ivy in private just like they did with Devi, eleven months prior. Just because they are Vice President and Second Gentleman, they are still people who deserve privacy during happy times of their lives.

Kamala and Doug did have a plan b if Jill and Joe couldn't watch Devi due to Joe's Covid-19 diagnosis. Maya or Kamala's cousin Sharada would have watched Devi for them. But thankfully, Maya was able to attend to Ivy's birth and Sharada didn't have to hurry home since she was out of town. 

-

Right now, Joe, Jill and Jacob are in the Oval Office at the White House and they getting ready to head outside to the Rose Garden for Joe to do his press conference!

Joe is fixing his suit in the bathroom mirror while Jill is holding Jacob, keeping him occupied. It is getting close to Jacob's nap time, so Jill is doing everything she can to make sure he doesn't get fussy during the press conference.

*Jill and Jacob's outfits*

"Are you ready, Jakey? Are you ready to see the press and talk to everybody?" Jill asks Jacob as she bounces him in her arms.

"Aaaa ba!" Jacob says with a cheeky grin showing off his seven teeth he has.

"Yeah! Daddy is going to be talking about baby Ivy and about him having Covid! He had Covid so that's why we had to stay in Delaware for a while! But now, Daddy is all better!" Jill says in a babyfied voice, causing Jacob to babble happily.