a nantucket thanksgiving

*The Biden's celebrate thanksgiving in Nantucket, continuing the tradition. Thank you to joebidenloving for helping me as always! Enjoy! 🦃

November 25th, 2021

Today is Thanksgiving in Nantucket Massachusetts!

The Biden's are at their vacation home where they have celebrated thanksgiving ever since Joe and Jill first got together in the 1970s!

Joe, Jill, Jacob, Hallie, Natalie, Little Hunter, Hunter, Melissa, Beau, Naomi, Peter, Finnegan, Maisy, Ashley, Howard, Eugenia and Bonny have been in Nantucket for a few days already!

Joe's sister Valerie, her husband Jack, their three children and their grandchildren are on their way to have Thanksgiving with the Bidens.

Right now, Jill, Ashley, Melissa, Hallie and Naomi are in the kitchen working on last minute dishes while everybody else is in the living room. 

Eugenia and Bonny are fast asleep in their swings while Beau is playing on the floor next to Jacob who is doing tummy time.

*Eugenia, Bonny, Jacob and Beau's Thanksgiving outfits*

Beau places a block on Jacob's head and giggles before Jacob begins to cry.

"Beauy, we don't put the blocks on the baby. That's not how we play." Hunter explains softly to Beau and Beau giggles not really understanding what he did wrong.

"I'll play with you, Beau! Come here!" Natalie says sitting on the floor with Beau and Jacob.

"I hear Jacob crying. What happened?" Joe says as he walks back into the living room and picks up Jacob, comforting the three month old.

"I'm sorry dad. Beauy put a building block on his head. I didn't have time to stop him but I don't think he got hurt." Hunter says apologetically.

"Oh, I'm sure it's fine. Beauy isn't a violent child." Joe says as he rocks his arms to calm Jacob down.

"You're fine, right? Your perfectly fine my little boy." Joe comforts Jacob.

"Baby cry?" Beau says and looks at Hunter and then at Joe.

"Yes buddy, Jacob didn't like to have a block on his head so he got a bit upset." Hunter explains to Beau.

"Sorry baby!" Beau says and looks at Jacob.

"Thank you, Beauy. It's good to say that you are sorry." Joe says as Jacob settles down and stops crying.

"Was there something wrong? I heard Jacob crying." Jill says as she enters the living room with her apron on and a kitchen glove on one of her hands.

"He is fine now. Beauy tried to play blocks with him which he didn't appreciate." Hunter says and pats Beau's head.

"Oh, that's good." Jill says to Hunter and looks at Beau.