i love how you look, always jilly

*Jill doesn't feel confident anymore since having Jacob I'll try and go back to write Willow and Commander's arrivals to the family and maybe a few other throw back chapters! Thank you to joebidenloving for helping me write this! Enjoy! 💖

March 5th, 2022

Jill and Joe's schedules have been so busy lately, with Jill teaching a few spring semester classes at the community college while Joe is busy with everything going on in the Russia Ukraine war and other issues going on in the United States, they just haven't had time with each other.

Tonight, Jill and Joe are both home, which is something that hasn't happened in a while now. Lately, Jill is in bed hours before Joe comes to bed.

Jill just finished taking a shower and she is wearing her pink robe, looking at herself in the mirror.

Jill absolutely hates the way she looks. Jill isn't her fit skinny self like she has been her whole life. Jill hasn't been eating the best due to her busy lifestyle and worrying about Joe and Jacob.

Jill also hasn't been exercising much because she doesn't want to leave Jacob alone with just anyone, she is extremely protective of Jacob.

Jill also hates that you can still see her emergency c-section scar on the bottom of her stomach. It's lighter than was when Jacob was born in August but she is still very self conscious about it.

Jill thinks Joe probably doesn't think she is beautiful anymore and that's why they haven't had any time together.

Joe has just checked on Jacob who is fast asleep in his crib and he has made sure Major, Commander and Willow are settled in for the night.

Jill continues to look at herself in the mirror but she stops when she hears Joe calling for her.

"Jilly? Where are you, sweetheart?" Joe asks out loud as he sits down in bed.

"I'm coming." Jill says softly as she walks over to Joe wearing her robe.

"What's wrong?" Joe asks Jill, worried about how Jill is acting.

"Nothing is wrong. Why do you say that?" Jill says as she sits on the master bed.

"Something is wrong. I can tell. You can't hide your emotions that well, Jilly." Joe says, getting up from his side of the bed and walks over to Jill.

"It's nothing, Joe." Jill tires to wave him off as she sits down on the bed.

"Now, that's simply not true. I know you're thinking about something." Joe sits down beside her and wraps his arms around her.

Joe pulls her to him and holds her back against his chest as he rests his head on her shoulder.

"Don't shut me out, Jilly. Talk to me." Joe pleads.

"I just don't know, Joe. I don't feel like myself. This body isn't mine. I don't look like I used to. I'm just old and bloated all the time." Jill sighs.

Joe can feel her relax in his embrace but at the same time he sees her cheek tense.

He hears her sniffle softly and tightens his embrace.

"Don't say that, Jilly. You're so incredibly beautiful." Joe whispers.

"No, I'm not. I've gained weight since Jacob came and I never exercise anymore. You can still see my scar down there." Jill mumbles and squirms in Joe's arms.

"Don't say that, Jilly." Joe says as tears start to form in his eyes.

Joe doesn't like that Jill doesn't love her body like he loves it. She's always been the most beautiful woman he's ever seen and that hasn't changed.