CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Your what!" my mother screamed.

"You can't be...you can't be gay!" my father spat out with disgust written clear across his face.

My hand on Theo's waist tightened, my jaw clenched. I wanted to punch my father so bad. I hated his guts. I hated my mother's guts. I just hated them both. I knew that once my parents found out it was going to be bad. I didn't think we would have to face them this early.

Theo stayed quiet, unsure of what to do. I felt terrible to have him with me at this moment. I didn't want him to see me like this especially in front of my parents but it was bound to happen one day and that day happens to be tonight.

"So what if I am," I gritted through my teeth.

"So what? So what?" my mother shouted gaining a some audience.

"Fabes, Theo, I knew you two would be at the foods," Cleo laughed as she walked up to us. Her laugh soon died down when she saw our faces. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing Cleo," Theo quickly said nonchalantly.

She raised a brow at me and Theo, not believing him. She turned to face my parents, "Oh hello there," she greeted and smiled.

My mother crossed her arms, burning those hateful eyes at me and Theo and replied not taking her eyes off us, "Cleopatra," she nodded.

My father on the other hand just grunted and seethed with disgust as he looked at me.

God I really want to sock the shit out of him right now.

"Okay what's going on here?" Cleo asked.

Theo sighed and ran a hand through his hair and whispered to Cleo, "That's Fabian's parents," he mumbled.

Cleo cocked a brow, "Oh really. Fabes why didn't you tell us who your parent were?" she whispered back.

"I didn't think it would matter," I replied flatly.

"It doesn't but it sure helps," she said mumbled.

The three of us were huddled into somewhat a small circle chatting amongst us but was interrupted by my father.

"Fabian don't be rude, your mother and I are right here," he snapped.

"I'm sorry but I didn't know we were even having a conversation. It's rude to interrupt people who are," I retorted, snapping back at him.

Yeah I was probably being a huge asshole but I can't help it. My parents just make me like this. I can't stand being in the same room as them let alone breath the same air. That's how much I dislike them. Is that wrong of me? To dislike your own parents who treat you like you don't exist only when they want to?

"Excuse me?" my mother gaped at me.

"You heard me," I shrugged.

"I knew this is going to be a bad night," Theo dropped his head shaking it and mumbling to himself.

I don't know if he meant for me to hear it or not but either way I did.

"Everything's going to be fine," I lied, whispering in his ear.

He rolled his eyes, "Right."

"I should probably leave you guys," Cleo whisper yelled at us. She turned to my parents, "I'm sorry, I'll just be on my way," Cleo said. She looked at Theo and I once more mouthing the words 'good luck' before making her way out of sight.

"I think we're done here," I said. I began to pull Theo with me away from my parents but was stopped in my tracks.

My mother put her hand up, "We are not done here," she said sternly.