CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY

Fabian's POV

I was in an accident? The memory of me getting hit by the car replayed in my mind. That's right, I did get hit.

My eyes landed on Theo who looked so exhausted and tired. His face was paler and didn't have as much color like it usually did and his eyes were all red and puffy. He must've stayed up all night and day watching after me. I honestly didn't deserve someone like him. I didn't want to hurt him but my mind was set. I can't have him be in danger because of my so called parent's evil ways.

As I watched him back away from me my heart stopped. It hurt so much to see him like that; broken and in pain. All I wanted to do was grab him and pull him back to me and tell him I was joking around, that I didn't mean it. When I said he was a stranger that look on his face tore me to shreds.

He turned on his heels and ran out the door. Trying so hard not to run after him I bit my bottom lip and my grip on the bed sheets tightened.

"Fuck!" I screamed as my tears started pouring out.

As soon as I screamed, everyone rushed in the room and stared at me with confusion.

"What the hell is going on?" Jamie asked. Turning my body away from them, I quickly wiped my tears. "Fabian," he said sternly. When I didn't reply he walked up to me and looked directly at my face, "What happened?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know who you guys are," I replied emotionless.

His eyes widened, "What? Someone get the doctor!" he ordered.

"What does he mean? Is he saying he lost his memory?" Caroline asked, more to herself. "That's why Theo ran out like that!"

My chest tightened. Just hearing his name was painful. Guilt etched in my heart. I didn't mean to, I didn't want to hurt him but this was the only way.

"I'll get the doctor," Mark said.

Henry came besides Jamie and studied me, "Do you really not know who we are?" he asked.

"I'm guessing you're my brother?"

He gaped at me, "What's the date today?"

"Um March 6th, 2012?" I lied. I knew the date but I had to pull something out of my ass. I can't have them finding out that I'm lying or else that would defeat the whole purpose of trying to protect Theo.

"Shit," he breathed out, "this is bad."

"Dude, what the fuck is Theo going to do?" Jamie whispered to Henry. "Did you see him? Never in my life have I seen him like that and I've known the guy my whole life."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek. Damn, this was a lot harder than I thought.

"You know I can hear you right?" I blurted out, hopefully trying to get them off the topic.

They both turned their attention to me. Henry nudged Jamie's shoulder, "What?" he whisper yelled. Henry glared at him nudged him again. Jamie rolled his eyes and looked at me, "Fabian."

"Yes?"

"What do you remember?"

I pursed my lips. I opened my mouth to replied but Mark came in with the doctor.

"Excuse me," the doctor said. Oh thank God I thought. "So the patient doesn't remember anyone?"

Everyone nodded, "He doesn't even know the date," Henry said.

The doctor scribbled something down on his pad, "Can you all please step outside." They nodded and stepped out of the room.

The doctor walked up to the side of the bed and looked down at me. "So you don't remember anything? Anything at all?" he asked me all skeptically.