CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Last chapter guys! Thank you so much for reading. I hope you liked it and enjoyed it as much as me writing it ^_^

Picture of how I kind of imagined what Theo wears except instead of the blue it's gold. And for Fabian instead of the cape thingy picture a gold sash. Then everyone else wears a toga costume in any color besides white.

***

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Fabian's POV

Gray overtook the usual blue skies and dark clouds loomed over me as I watched them lower the casket into the ground. Rain trickled down, prickling my face and adding to this gloomy day. Kneeling down on one knee I grabbed a handful of mud and threw it on the casket. I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath.

"I'm sorry."

Opening my eyes I gave one last look at the casket and stood up, turned on my heels, and walked away.

It's been a week, I barely slept, barely ate, barely did anything but laid in bed feeling the guilt eat me alive.

"Fabes?" a knock on the door brought me back to reality. I got up and unlocked the door, opening it up.

"Yeah?"

"Come outside," Jamie said. "Everyone misses you."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, "Not everyone."

"Fabes," he groaned, "don't be like that. Of course everyone does."

"After what I did he will never forgive me."

"It's not your fault."

"It was. Everything's my fault!"

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "Look you've been cooped up in the room for a whole week."

I looked down and leaned on the doorframe, "I don't think I can face him. Not after what I've done."

"Theo loves you. He's not going to let this come between you two. Yes it was bad.." I rolled my eyes and glared at him. "Okay it was really bad but still..you were not to blame. If anything it was your parents."

I nodded, "My parents are fucked up."

He chuckled, "Yeah they are but the good news is that now you don't have to worry about them right?"

I sighed, "Yeah."

"So what are you waiting for? Nothing can stop you and Theo being together. Funny isn't it, now that nothing can come between you guys it's like you don't want to be with him anymore," he said shaking his head.

"It's not like that Jamie."

"Then what is it Fabes?"

"It's me! He deserves someone better. I killed my own father! I'm a bad person!"

"It wasn't your fault!"

"Fabian," a voice came from behind Jamie. Jamie stepped aside for Theo to come inside. "It's not your fault. Nothing was your fault."

I shook my head, "Stop saying that."

"No you stop saying it's your fault. You're not bad, you only did what was right. Sure you killed someone, you killed your own dad but it was for the right reason. You did it to defend your life. If you didn't you wouldn't be standing here right now, standing here with me. So please Fabes, stop blaming yourself for everything."

"But I hurt you along in the process. I couldn't protect you...you almost died because of me," I whispered.

He held my hand in his and leaned his forehead against mine, "I would die for you anytime. And if it was you, I'm sure you would've taken that bullet for me."