Chapter 11

Hyejin and Princess Wheein are getting close day by day, Hyejin tried her best to distance herself but she just found herself beside the Princess. The Queen called her a few days ago, because of the Queen's request to find the culprit of the assassination of Princess Wheein. But to her dismay, they can't find any leads for now, but three days after Jungkook finds a dagger, the same as the dagger that stabbed her inside the Princess's chamber. Hyejin told the queen about it and the queen wanted to let Hyejin and Jungkook handle the situation, but it seems they need to leave the palace for further investigation.

"Lady Soonkyu? Is the Princess busy?" Hyejin asked her.

"No. She's just reading some books given to her by the King." Lady Soonkyu replied.

"Please tell her I need to talk to her," Hyejin said.

"I will." She went inside and a younger maid comes out.

"Hyejin-ssi? Please come in," she said and bowed.

When she entered the Princess's room she found her painting all over the place.

"Oh? You're here." Princess Wheein happily fixes her table and Hyejin lets out a chuckle.

"Yes. I need to talk to you." Hyejin cleared her throat.

"What is it?"

"I need to talk to you in private." She said.

"Okay let's go outside. I need some air also." The Princess and Hyejin went to the garden.

"So what is it?"

"I'll be going on a trip, I'll be leaving in two days." She said to the princess.

"W-What? W-Where are you going?" Princess asked nervously.

"Don't worry, I'll be back," Hyejin said.

"I know but when? How long?"

"I don't know Wheein-ah." She said Princess Wheein allowed Hyejin to call her by her name when they're alone because the Princess wants them to be comfortable with each other when they're alone.

"B-but Hyejin-ah, what if you'll leave me?"

"Hyoyeon will be there to protect you," Hyejin told her.

"P-Please before you leave let's meet."

"I will. Besides I live in your chambers." She chuckled.

"Y-yeah I almost forgot." Hyejin boldly holds the Princess's hand and they just smile at each other.

Days went by fast, Today Hyejin and Jungkook will be leaving the palace. The Princess wakes up early, she didn't sleep last night. She felt anxious and many bad scenarios played in her head. She's seating inside her room and sipping some calming tea.

"Princess, Hyejin is here an-"

"Let her in!" she cut the maid's words.

Hyejin opened the door and she saw Princess Wheein sitting in front of her in a tea set. Princess Wheein sparkled when she saw Hyejin's clothes it fits her well, she's more handsome and beautiful at the same time.

" Princess, I will be leaving today." She bowed.

"Oh? Right." Princess Wheein stands up and she pulled out something inside her sleeve.

"Here. I want you to have it."

"W-what is this?" Hyejin asked and she unfolds the clothe to cover it, she saw a silver bracelet with Jade stones in it.

"It's my gift for your travel, it will protect you from danger." She said.

"This is too much. I can't accept this." She said.