prologue; eyes

Listen to Best Friend - Rex Orange County to enjoy this chapter more!

                  You sat on the swing, not moving an inch. Just sitting there, watching everything happen as you breath. The wind was blowing strongly, making your hair fly over your face, covering your sight. Oh how you wished you could have fun like other teenagers. You closed your eyes and continued swinging, lettingt the very tip of your foot scrape the ground. You could hear children coming, which means you have to go back home. Or else, you'd just ruin their playtime.

"Luna, don't run away!" You heard a boy call out to his sister, making you look up. You made an eye contact with him, and the both of you stopped moving. Feet stuck to the ground, eyes locked onto each others. "Oh." You could feel your heart skip a beat as he let out the oh. You gulped and continued looking down, avoiding eye contact. He was quite att attractive you had to admit, and there was something about him that had plastered into your mind. You wanted to keep walking, but one of his sisters stopped you. "Pretty sister, come play with us!" You looked at the cute toddler hugging your leg.

She had pleading eyes. "Mana, stop! Let the girl be!" You didn't move, though the brother had told them to stop. You look up and got a quick glance of him again, before completely looking away. "No! I want to play with her!" The girl hugged tighter and went behind you. "I uh, I don't mind." You smiled and finally looked at him. "Sorry for troubling you." He bowed and let go of the other sister. "Let's play on the swings!" The younger sister pointed. You followed them around, playing with them along with the brother. He seemed to be there only for protection, since his eyes are stuck on a book.

Being the forgotten child made you feel at home when you're around the kids. Though you understand, some people have too much on their plate. That might be his case. You on the other hand, having age gaps more than five years between your siblings really affected your relationship. You sat beside him after letting the kids play with others, and panting out of exhaustion. "Are you an only child?" He asked, closing his book. You looked at him, and saw his downturned eyes looking back at you. His eyes had hidden so many storied to share, you could tell from the way he looked at you.

"Me? No, not really. But you could word it like that." You smiled. "Adopted?" He asked and you kept quiet. "Sorry, that might've came off offensive. You seemed to have a fun time with my sisters non-stop, I'm just quite amused." He looked at his sisters and chuckled. "My siblings are just never around." You smiled and laughed along. "I see. What's your name?" He turned to look at you. "Mm, Y/N." You answered politely. "Family name?" You kept quiet. "I'd like to be known for me, not for my family." You smiled and refused to tell him your family name.

"I understand. I'm Mitsuya Takashi. Do you live around here?" He asked politely. He had such manners you've never seen on any man before. "Yeah, I go to the school nearby." You pointed to the road, which led to your school. "That's great, I go there too. How come I've never seen you?" He had his brows furrowed. "I don't know." Simple answer, making him chuckle. "If I knew there was such a pretty girl, I wouldn't have bothered to skip a day." You felt your blood rush to your face and you couldn't help but smile. "Shh, you're saying too much." You placed your index finger over your lips. "I shouldn't?"

He had a memorable smile. You loved how his voice sounded when he laughed. "Want to get ice cream together?" He offered. You smiled and looked at his sisters. "Only if they're getting one as well." He smiled and messed your hair up. "You're too nice. Let's go." He stood up and walked towards his sisters, with you right behind him. "Luna, Mana. Wanna get ice cream?" He asked with an exciting expression. They all excitedly shouted in a yes, agreeing to get ice cream with you. You walked over to the nearby convenient store with them.

You picked a strawberry flavoured icecream and he picked the blueberry one. His sisters on the other hand, got grape flavoured icecream. "It's on me." He took the ice cream from your hand and placed it on the cashier. You immediately took out your purse and hurriedly passed the money to the cashier. "Y/N, I said it's on me!" He jokingly stopped you. You were determined, and the cashier took your money. There was no point in saving up too much, money builds up in the end.

"You're a stubborn one." He sighed and passed your icecream. You immediately unwrapped your icecream and ate it along with others. He looked at you with the ice cream in his hand, and smiled. You raised your eyebrows in confusion. He swiped his thumb over your lips and licked the thumb. "Huh?" You asked, even more confused.
"You're quite the messy eater, aren't you?"

———
a/n: hello!! I hope everyone enjoyed the last story so here i am with another one!! i'm starting to run out of song ideas, do drop your favourite songs :0