chapter fourteen; side

Listen to I Can't Handle Change - Roar to enjoy this chapter more

She ran as fast as she could. Her heart's beating fast, Her breath is going in and out non-stop rapidly. She found him sitting down, back against the wall and his head thrown back. She stopped in front of him and sat on her knees, only for Mitsuya to grab her my the shoulder and throw himself over her. His arms hanging over his shoulders and his head shoved into her chest. "Rest against the wall for me." She immediately moved herself and Mitsuya did too. He wrapped his arms around her and broke down into tears, wetting her hoodie. She carefully placed her hand over his head and rubbed her thumb over and over to comfort him, keeping him at peace. Everything was going so slow, her hand in his hair softly scratching his scalp, his loud sniffles and him constantly burying himself deeper.

"I'm sorry, I just need some time to.." He wanted to remove his head but she pulled him back in, surprising him. "I have the whole day, so please let us stay like this for a while." He stopped sniffling and chuckled into her chest, surprising her. He removed his head and softly looked at her with a happy yet tired expression. "Do you have cuts anywhere?" She checked his arms and hands, to see nothing wrong. "No, I'm fine." He politely pushed her hands away and proceeded to sit beside her underneath the moving clouds. "What happened?" She asked after noticing he had finally gotten comfortable. "Baji.." He said then facepalmed himself. Baji? The guy with the long hair? She asked herself, remembering the people during the birthday celebration.

"He.. I don't know what they usually call it but he died." He said in a frustrated tone. She was in shock, unable to move and react. "I'm sorry. I really didn't see that coming." She smoothly slid her hands into his, and held them tightly. "I don't know what to say. Or do. I've never experienced that before, but I'm really sorry that happened." Her grip tightened. "Just stay here with me for a bit." She nodded, understanding what he meant. He leaned onto her shoulder, and she rested her head over his. The clouds were moving quick and their eyes were following them, in the middle of nowhere.

"Do you wanna head home first?" She asked in a comforting tone, patting his shoulders. "Yeah. Let's head home." He slowly got up. "You called me earlier today?" He asked as he started his bike. "Well, yeah. I was shocked to see that amount of missed calls." She chuckled as she hopped on behind him carefully. "Can I explain myself?" He asked as he started riding the bike. "I don't think that's necessary, I think I was just jumping into random conclusions." She replied, placing her arms around his waist as the wind blew their hair. "What were your conclusions?" She turned to look at her.

The wind blew the hair onto her face, and she was just staring at his back. Her eyelashes were fluttering and he could feel her warmth. He turned back to the front after feeling himself heat up, only for her to place her body against him. Her body was pressed against his back, and he was struggling to focus on riding the bike properly. "Oh, just some conclusions." She replied secretively, not wanting to ruin the friendship. "Oh well, i'd just want to let you know I didn't mean what I said yesterday. I was just unsure of my feelings and I didn't want to expose myself so easily." She was slightly surprised as she removed her head, and placed it back against his back. "So, have you made up your mind now?" She asked with a pout, while her forehead is pressed against his body. "Have I?"

                 She sighed. He needed to stop playing around, she wanted answers. "I've thought about it. I see you romantically, y/n. I'm afraid you don't feel the same, so I really hope this doesn't affect what we have now." He explained in slight embarrassment. "Of course it won't. Mayhaps, we can take a step forward. I feel the same way." Mitsuya immediately stopped his bike, shocking her. She jumped slightly and looked at him, who turned around to look at her. His face was read and sweaty. Was it the weather? The warmth transferred from her body? Or is it just the way she made him feel?

                    "Are you alright?" She asked with concern, shown both in her face and tone. "Yeah, yeah. Just wasn't expecting that." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "How? I kissed you back, didn't i?" She asked him with innocent eyes. "I thought you did so because you pitied me." She burst into laughter, his eyes lighting up in happiness when she did so. When was the last time he heard that? Well, yesterday but he sure did miss her. Everything about her. Her touch, her stupid questions, her laugh. He wanted to explore the meaning of love with her.

Your pov.

                       You were still sitting on his bike, with his head turned towards you. Your hands around your waist and the sun shining into your eyes. "We better keep going." You pointed to the road, and he nodded. He rode the bike to his house, knowing that of course you wouldn't want to go back. "My house?" You nodded into his back. You were filled with happiness, even more than the times you spent with him before. He smiled before he got off the bike and so did you. He walked you over to the door with a huge smile, his cheekbones rising. He entered the house with Hakkai and a girl already inside. "That's Yuzuha." He pointed. She was breathtaking, her flowy hair and her upturned eyes along with the strong features.

                  They look really similar. Hakkai and Yuzuha. "You're gorgeous." You complimented her lightly, a smile forming as she heard it from you. "Thank you. You're just as pretty." She complimented as she sat down on the couch. She had similar headphones as Mitsuya's in his room. The overthinking is starting to grow, but you just keep it inside instead of lashing for no reason. Hakkai sat politely across his sister, in the same uniform Mitsuya wore. He looked nervous, looking around the room. "Have you guys had lunch yet?" Yuzuha asked and switched the television off. "Nope. You making any?" Mitsuya asked as he took off his top, revealing his bare upper body. You immediately looked away and pretended to get water.

                "No. Should we go out? Luna and Mana included, of course."

a/n: sorry to inform you guys, i might be on hiatus for this week, just not in a good mental state to write rn so much happened