chapter seventeen; yeses

Listen to Can I Call You Tonight? - Dayglow to enjoy this chapter more!

               "Huh?" You were shocked and lost for words. The reality you've been longing for had finally been brought up but now you don't know how to respond. "Oh, I'm sorry. Bad timing. I'm just excited." He chuckled with a slight feeling of embarrassment sparking in his face. "Wait- no! That's not what I meant, I'm just surprised." You laughed out of embarassment and placed your hands ontop each other. "But sure! I'll be your girlfriend!" His eyes widened, sparkling in untold galaxies. "Wait, really?" He asked with a huge smile over his words. He seemed genuinely happy, and somehow its so infectious it made you smile as well. "Why the hell would I joke about that!" You laughed at him, then your phone started buzzing. "Messages?" You asked as you pulled it out, receiving messages from Mikey.

New messages from Manjiro(!)

Manjiro: Y/N!!!!
Manjiro: Can u c me
Manjiro: (O_O)
Manjiro: Watching from the other side
Manjiro: DID U GUYS GET TOGETHER YET
Manjiro: UWAAA HOOORAY (o^^o)

                  "What?" You asked yourself and turned around whilst slipping your phone back in, searching for the small kid. You could see a streak of blonde hair peeking over a railing outside the store and you immediately recognised who it was. "Is something the matter?" Mitsuya asked and his head turned in the same direction. "No, no. I just spotted a classmate of mine pass by. Mikey was spamming me." You laughed in awkwardness. "Mikey? Since when did you two exchange contacts?" He asked. You could feel the tiny jealousy radiating around him. "Oh, during the beach thing. We're quite close." You teased him more. He nodded then looked around, walking towards the cashier. "Eh, already?" You caught up to him, and stayed behind him. "Yeah, I'm assuming you have plans with Mikey? You look anxious." You immediately paid instead of letting him.

                 "I never said that! I wanted to spend the day with you." You denied, making him giggle. "I'm just joking, love. Hakkai and Yuzuha are already done shopping, let's not waste their time shall we?" He placed his hand around your waist and pulled you closer, Luna and Mana watching everything happen in action. "Weirdos!" Luna shouted and pointed to us. "Luna, shh!" Mitsuya shushed Luna and kneeled to hold her by the shoulders. You felt slightly embarrassed but you laughed it off, taking the paperbag from the cashier. "Alright now, let's go." You pointed out the store seeing Yuzuha standing gracefully with Hakkai beside her, devouring the hell out of the popsicle.

               "What's up?" Mitsuya asked Yuzuha who was violently scrolling through her phone. "I'm trying to find a match for Hakkai. Setting him up for a blind date." Both you and Mitsuya were stunned. Hakkai? Date? Those two don't go well together. "That sounds like.. A stupid idea." Mitsuya said awkwardly, laughing in between his sentence. "That's what I told her!" Hakkai said in aggression. "Oh well, you can't be single forever. Plus, this friend of mine is really pretty! You both would go so well together." Yuzuha raised her thumbs up, reassuring. "If I get dumped on the first date, that's on you!" Hakkai pointed at Yuzuha. "Ah, I'm sure it will go well. Have some confidence, Hakkai. You could be a model, you know? You have really nice features." He complimented, making Hakkai flush. "Me?" Hakkai stuttered.

            You nodded, agreeing with Mitsuya. "You're not supposed to agree. Only agree if its about me." Mitsuya looked at you with his eyebrows slightly furrowed. "I was just trying to.. Encourage Hakkai." Mitsuya laughed again. You kept getting confused, but his reasoning was always that he was joking.

              A week passed. It's the afternoon after school, and Hakkai is supposed to go on a blind date. "Should we spy on him?" Yuzuha asked, the both of you hanging out after school. You bit into your rice ball then looked outside the glass wall, where there were people walking on the streets. "Well.. Wouldn't that be privacy-invading?" You asked and made eye contact with her. "Well.. if we pretended like the both of us were going out normally.. He can't blame us, no?" Yuzuha smirked cheekily as her fingers slowly fold around her cup. The convenience store was lonely, so it was the perfect place for the both of you to hang out. "True but did he tell you the place yet?" You asked with concern, knowing that he would feel disturbed. "Nope." You nodded. Then, nothing can go wrong, right?

3 unread message(s) from Takashi

Takashi: hey there love
Takashi: i'm exhausted from club activities
Takashi: where are you? I want to see you. (o^^o)

                    You smiled at his sweet texts and immediately responded your current location. "Is it Mitsuya?" Yuzuha stirred her straw around the cup. You nodded excitedly, waiting for him to come by. "How sweet! I wish the girl would reply to my texts already.." She sighed and turned her phone on, the brightness lighting her face up. "Eh? She did!" Yuzuha said excitedly, a smile beaming up her face. "Answer her!" You encouraged while finishing up your rice ball. Cold weather, windy atmosphere and thick clothes. What really could go wrong with a messy study table and loud convenient store music. "Here you are."

              He finally came. His hands dragged a chair from across the room towards the table you're sitting in, making loud noises. "How was club?" You asked him with a slight smile. Your relationship has been alright. Though you wished you could spend more alone time. A time where Yuzuha nor Hakkai wasn't there. A time where it's just the both of you, doing relationship like things. They're too close for you to separate. "Tiring. I need to recharge my energy." He said before placing his head softly onto your shoulder.

               "Eh? Recharge? What do you mean?" You asked, softly ruffling his hair. "This.. Being close to you. Charges my energy.." He said under his breath then nuzzled closer. You tried to hold in the urge to scream, but your body was getting jolly inside. "Weird!" Yuzuha looked at him with a disgusted look. "Shut up, you're single." He tessed, then took a sip out of your drink. "What are you guys planning to do?" His eyes peeked over your notebook, looking through what you were writing down. "Stalking Hakkai." Yuzuha giggled devilishly and finished her drink.

                "You better not be stalking me and Y/N when we're alone."

-
a/n: nothing to say but im a dragon \\\٩(๑'^'๑)۶////