chapter two; lifeless

Listen to Strawberries And Cigarettes by Troye Sivan to enjoy this chapter!

                       You headed back to your classroom after having a quick lunch with him. Surrounded by loud people who kept the class lively, you stayed quiet the whole time. Gripping the pen, you wrote down every important information down into your notebook. Some of the other times you zoned out, too. 30 minutes left till school ends for you and you'll be able to go back home. You looked around the class, and some students had already started cleaning the room.

(2) new messages!

mitsuya: i'm not free after school.
mitsuya: you can meet me at the arts and craft club.

"he's in a club?" You looked at your phone that you hid under the table. "Why art?" You closed the phone and thought for a second. You were in the maths club, though luckily there was no meeting held today.

you: it's fine.
you: we don't have to meet if you aren't free (^^)
mitsuya: But i want to see you (・・)
you: (00)
you: i'll see you then.
mitsuya: (^^)b

                  "Okay class, I'm dismissing you. Please do the work I gave earlier." Your teacher said out of nowhere, shocking you. You glanced at the clock and really, thirty minutes had pass. You packed your stuff up and hurried out the classroom, avoiding your classmates. gripping your books, you squeezed through every gap you could to head to the clubroom. You had your earphones in so that no one would stop you mid walking though no songs were playing.

                   "Is this the one?" You asked yourself while searching for the club sign. "Should be." Arts and crafts club. Join us today! You stared. Slowly checking, you moved the sliding door quietly to avoid attention. Everyone seemed to be sewing diligently, as you barged in. "Excuse me, what are you doing here?" Someone asked with a frustrated expression plastered over the pale face. "It's okay, I called her here." Mitsuya tapped their shoulder and dismissed them. "Sorry about that." He smiled and walked you over to his sewing machine. "What are you making?" He sat on his stool and fixed his posture. "I'm finishing something, please wait." He started the machine and sewed something you can't think of.

                   You watched him sew out of pink silky fabric and how careful he was with needles. "Alright." He took it carefully and checked it. "What is that?" You asked, peeking. "Its a hair band." He passed you a hair band with a candy-shaped charm made out of fabric hanging off of it. You stared at it and wondered why he gave you that, out of everyone. "Is this a token of friendship?" You asked. He looked at you with raised eyebrows and burst into laughter. "No, no! I was experimenting with this new type of silky fabric I found!" So it's just a scrap of his creations. Somehow, the hair band got your hopes up.

                You like the thought he put into it, pink candy just dangling between your hair. "I like it. You're creative." You wore it around your wrist. "Thank you!" He replied with a huge smile. "Also, I have a favour to ask you." You looked at him immediately after stealing a few glances of the clubroom. "Are you free tonight?" "I have nothing to do all day." You answered simply. "Can you take care of my sisters tonight? I got something to do, and I don't want to leave them alone while my mom is gone." He sat back on his stool. "Sure. You got the keys?" You accepted immediately. You've got nothing to do eitherway, taking an easy job shouldn't be much to you. Lessens the loneliness, you don't lose anything on your side.

                 You headed home alone after receiving the keys. Your shirt was already tucked out by the time you stopped at the convenience store to buy a popsicle. "Should I buy candy for Luna and Mana?" You asked yourself when you passed by the shelf filled with candies. You took a closer look and back at your wallet, checking your balance. Should be enough for them. "Alright then." You grabbed the grape flavoured gummies and immediately paid for them. You opened the popsicle's wrapper and went home alone.

                     "You're home early."  Your mom greeted you as you opened the door. "I always am. Everyday, it seems." You answered, as it's the only thing your mother says once you've arrived. You walked upstairs and closed your bedroom door before you. You plopped yourself on the bed and laid there for a while, before checking your phone for any texts. "None." You whispered and closed your phone, sighing silently. You stayed like that for while and fell asleep accidentally, completely forgetting the job Mitsuya gave you. You were deep in your dreams.

                    You heard knocking on your door causing your body to immediately react by jolting up. "Who's there?" You asked and got up. "Your brother. What are you doing in there all locked up?" You sighed and messed your hair up. "Sleeping. Leave me alone." You answered while slowly creeping up into your bed again. Grabbing your phone, you positioned yourself as where you were laying on your stomach. You opened the phone to it showing the time, which marked right before sunset. You hurriedly got up and changed into button down white shirt with a medium length grey skirt before leaving to take care of Luna and Mana.

                  You double checked everything before leaving. Keys, phone, candies. All of  them were in your bag already, and it was a greenlight to go. You rushed downstairs with your hair tied in a low ponytail with the hair band he gave earlier. "Where are you going?" Your father stopped you at the door. "I promised someone to take care of their sisters." You were tired of listening to his lecture so you walked out the door after putting your school shoes on.

                   He gave you his address along with his keys, making it easier for you to search for his place. "This should be it." You unlocked the door to Luna and Mana running around. "Big sister?" They asked as the door slowly creaked open to you. "Luna, Mana." You walked in and took off your shoes. "Did you come to play with us?" They asked while tugging onto your skirt. "Yes, yes." You sat down in the living room. The house is quite neat. You looked around and placed your tote bag beside you. "If you're waiting for big brother, he's often really busy riding motorcycles with his friends." You looked at Luna who was explaining everything enthusiastically before sitting beside you. "I see. He actually asked me to play with you guys." You said and took out the candies.

              "Candies? for us?" They asked while picking them up and checking it. "Of course!" You happily answered. "How long has it been since Takashi left?" You asked and placed Mana on your lap. "He left at that time." She pointed at the wall clock. You guessed that she didn't know how to read a clock. You nodded and brushed Mana's hair gently. It was 7 p.m and he left about 2 hours ago. "What do you guys want to have for dinner?" You asked with a soft tone while your fingers carefully braided her silky hair. "We already ate earlier! Big brother made some for you, as well." Luna pointed to the lunchbox on the counter. "You guys eat dinner that early?" You were shocked, as you usually ate around 8 p.m since your mother is busy.

                 "He usually leaves us early but he said he doesn't want us to be hungry." She explained and Mana just agreed along. You tied her braids together with the hairband on her wrist, gently so that she wouldn't feel pain. You nodded slowly and turned on the TV. "What time does he usually come home?" You looked at Luna whose eyes were stuck on the TV. You spent the whole night watching shows with them, almost falling asleep with Luna and Mana laying beside you. You were knocked awake when the door somehow creaked open, and someone's body fell down to the floor.

——
a/n: don't have much to say besides that i've been really tired lately so updates might be slow T^T