chapter four; a friend of yours

Listen to Always Forever - Cults to enjoy this chapter more!

"Stop moving so much." He said when you turned to your left. "Sorry." You immediately stopped and felt your whole bloodline rush. "Don't apologise, stupid." He said before leaving his hand on your head, completely resting it. Did we really just meet 2 days ago? You asked as you saw the needle on the clock hit 12. "Are you asleep already?" He asked with a sore voice, moving his hand from your head down to your shoulder. "No." You answered simply and opened your eyes slightly.

                  "Go to sleep already, the weekend starts tomorrow." He whispered and placed his hand over your eyes. What the? You left it like that and you fell deep into sleep while laying with him. His touch felt soft and warm over your eyes, keeping you safe in the dark light. He didn't move an inch throughout the whole night, and his hand didn't budge.

                     You could hear kids yelling in the distance, and you slowly opened your eyes. You woke up to the sight of Mitsuya feeding his sisters, with you still in his lap. "What's the time?" You asked before your eyes wandered around the room, trying to see the clock. "You scared me. It's about 8 in the morning right now." He answered softly as his hands placed down the bowl. "Did you sleep well?" He questioned after you removed your head from his lap, and carefully sat up straight. "Yeah. You?" You replied while rubbing your eyes roughly. "Yeah." He removed your hand that was rubbing your eyes aggressively. "That's not good for the eyes."

                   You sighed and listened to him. "Do you want anything for breakfast?" He continued feeding Luna and Mana. "I'll be fine!" You replied with a thumbs up and walked around the house. "When are you heading back?" He asked softly. "Do you not want me here?" You asked jokingly causing him to immediately turn his head to you. "No, no that wasn't what i meant!" He shook his hands nervously, causing you to burst in laughter at how panicked he got. "I'm joking!" You assured him and rested against the wall. "I'll go back after lunch."

                    He nodded and stood up to wash the dishes. "I'll do it." You took the bowl from him and placed them in the sink before thoroughly washing them. "Do you have any plans for today?" You asked, hands still busy washing the dishes. "I was actually planning to go out with my friends." He replied and sat in between Luna and Mana. "I'm sorry if I'm in the way." You apologised and turned the tap off. "What? no, no you can join us if you'd like." He invited. "I'm afraid my parents would be mad if I am not home by my then." You refused politely.

"No problem, suit yourself." He said before a knock was heard outside the door. "Yo, Takashi!" An unfamiliar voice was heard from outside. "Hakkai? What are you doing here at this time?" He got up and opened the door to a tall young man with blue hair who entered the house without hesitating. "I'm just checking in on you before we head out. You ready- Who's that?" He stared at you in shock with light blush over his cheeks. He had downturned eyes with pretty eyelashes, staring right at you from a far. "Oh, she stayed over for the night. I asked her to babysit Luna and Mana." The man avoided eye contact with you. "Y/N, it's Hakkai. He's a good friend of mine." You nodded and bowed halfway. He seemed way taller compared to both you and Mitsuya. "Don't mind him, he's a little shy around girls. Especially pretty girls like you." Mitsuya assured you in a flirty way. You just nodded and looked away, though your heart started racing when he said that.

"Hakkai, losen up! The atmosphere is awkward now because of you guys." He pat his back softly and walked away. "Yeah! Uh, um, nice weather huh!" You burst into laughter when he started stuttering. "Relax." You tried to calm him down but his face started heating up more. "Do you need water?" You asked nicely and looked around. "He can get it himself, y/n. Don't sweat too much!" Mitsuya screamed from his bedroom. You just turned to his voice and back at Hakkai. "When did the both of you meet?" You asked. Him and you were standing awkwardly in the hallway, trying to start a conversation while Mitsuya is gone.

"We're childhood friends." He said simply in a soft tone. "That's so cool! Where did you meet?" You asked, interested. "The playground." Mitsuya said from behind you, scaring the living hell out of you. You jumped in shock to his breath that touched your ear. "Oh, same place where I met him too." You anxiously answered. "God, the both of you are so bad at conversing." He sighed and whined, face palming. You immediately apologised sincerely, genuinely feeling bad for not being able to get long. It captured his attention as he widened his eyes. "I'm sure you both will get along well, so please try to open up to each other." You kept looking down, mouth shut.

Experience wise you were tired of having to accept new people into your life, knowing they would leave in the end. What's better than never having to feel the pain again? You've always had trouble talking to people since you were a kid, though you had always put up an act. Bottling up emotions was your expertise and that had caused you trouble in expressing emotions, hurting everyone around you. Never enough, you're never enough. You hate yourself for being overly sensitive about certain matters that trigger you but you can't help to keep quiet.

"You listening, y/n." Oh, you zoned out. "Sorry. I was thinking about something." He shut his mouth and scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry, I'll head home now." You could feel your tears forming up from his words that had reminded you of your father. "Y/N, I said I'll walk you home remember?" He grabbed for your hand which you yanked away in response, making him widen his eyes. You surprised yourself, even. "Oh, right." You avoided eye contact with him. Hakkai looked troubled and Mitsuya looked frightened, which made you sadder.

"Hakkai, you take care of them alright?" He said before softly grabbing your hand and walking you out of the door. He kept quiet the whole trip back home, though his grip was tight. "Are you alright now?" He brought you to the playground you met at. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry." You assured him and smiled softly. "Your smile is pretty." He caught you off-guard which immediately made you heat up. "Now, I said something wrong didn't i?" He tried to change back the topic. "No, stop."

"Please, I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

a/n:  i dont have much to say but im already happy at the fact that you guys are readingt his omg i apprecaitr it:(( aslo sorry for typos or grammar wrrors, its 6 am