chapter twelve; them

Play Love Like You (Steven Universe Soundtrack) to enjoy this chapter more!

                   She came out of the shower wearing a pink vest over her plain white tee, with a skirt paired. "You look good." He said, a white denim jacket over his purple shirt. He had his denim jeans on as well. "You too." Her eyes glanced at him, getting a quick look of what he's wearing. So did he, secretly watching every fold of her clothing follow the curve of her bodies. She was brushing her hair in front of the mirrors while he was tying his sisters hair up in space buns. "That kind of hairstyle is so adorable." She complimented, with a huge smile swept all over her face. Her smile itself could light up the whole room.

                He looked at her, who was struggling to tie up her hair in a ponytail. Her arm was hurting. He left his sisters aside and helped her put on a ponytail, staring at her face through the mirror. The gaze was intense, and it went straight into her eyes. She avoided eye contact, not being able to handle the tension. "Look at me." He boldly said with his hands clamping her chin and moving it so that it faced him through the mirror. She shut her eyes closed. "What's wrong?" He carefully let go. "Your eyes are really pretty." She complimented. Oh how she wanted to say that long ago, from when she first met him. "If it's really pretty, then why won't you look at them?" He frowned and left to check on his sisters.

                "Alright, let's get moving." He said while holding both Luna and Mana's hands. You felt bad that he had to do all that himself so you carefully picked Mana up, carrying her in your arms. She looked comfortable which was the green light for her to start moving. "Thanks for that." He smiled, his eyes closing when he did so. "Just follow me alright?" He asked when they both reached the zebra crossing. His hands slowly reached for her, sliding down her forearm and intertwining their fingers. "Your hands. They're cold." She said when she noticed that it was freezing cold, despite the warm weather. "Really? Your hands are really warm." He raised both their hands up, with the back of hers facing his face. A light pink shade lit up on his face before he planted a soft kiss at the back of her hand. Her heart pumped intensely, slowly making her run out of breath.

                 They crossed the road safely to the other side. He led her somewhere secluded, somewhere she hasn't been to. "Do you know this place?" He asked her. "No." He smiled softly. "I'll take you out to eat after this. But look, here's my gang's hideout. Cool isn't it?" He asked as his feet slowly scraped over the hard ground. She was slightly confused but she looked around. His eyes couldnt stop stealing glances at her, she looked so pretty in light coloured clothing. She walked around with him by her side, having light chatter meanwhile.

                  "Takashi, can I ask?" Her hands were wrapped around his while he held his sister on the other. "Go ahead." He replied quickly. "Where are we heading to?" Already reaching the city centre, she asked out of concern. "Well, just a small restaurant that I like. I hope you don't mind." He answered. God, he loved answering her questions. She never talked to others but always wondered with him, barely take walks outside but climbed for him. Never  shows affection but there she is, locked arms with a boy she met not too long ago. She indeed lowered her guard to quick, but what is there to a teenager?

                     He loved answering her. Out of everyone he recognised, her calls would be his priority. Her needs would be his worry. Her lifestyle  is his. Truly, they were in love. But both didn't quite know yet, the real meaning of love. Despite doing what lovers do, they've never tried to explored what it's like to acknowledge each others feelings. Both heart pumps in sync, in rush, in a hurry when they see each other. Their eyes meet and you could see the ears heat up in red.

                    "Of course I wouldn't!" She replied. She sounded happy. Happier than she had ever been. They arrived in front of a small restaurant in the middle of the city centre. A ramen shop, she figured. Her eyes lit up, he knew just how much shd loved noodles. "Oh my god." Little hints of excitement were sparking at the bottom of her heart, slowly burning into a fire. "You excited?" He asked with a huge smile. She nodded and held Luna's hands, walking her into the shop. Mitsuya followed from behind with Mana in his hands. "Married?" The waiter asked with his eyebrows raised. Mitsuya jumped in shock, slightly moved. "No! She's just.. Really close." He pointed her with his thumb to relieve the awkwardness. "You both would look great together."

             He looked to the ground before thanking the waiter and heading to the table. Luna and Y/N had already been going through the menu, excited. "What would you like, Luna?" Her index finger traced every meal available on the menu. His heart fluttered seeing such a beautiful interaction, slowly melting into liquid despite the cold weather. "Sit down, Takashi!" She pointed to the seat in front of her. He nodded nervously and placed Mana beside him. "I'm getting tonkotsu ramen!" She excitedly said, making Mitsuya laughed. She looked so happy, so lively unlike how she used to be when he's not around.

                   "You're so adorable when you're excited." She slowly put her hand down in embarassment, and looked around. "Don't worry, no one was looking." He immediately reassure her knowing how'd she act. She nodded and apologised, before the waiter started taking the orders. "Alright, that's all?" The waiter double checked. "Yup." Mitsuya replied as he fixed Mana's hair. The ramen came not long after quite the chatter, exciting y/n. Mitsuya went to the counter to grab utensils, and ended up bumping into the waiter again. "If you're only close, then you have to at least have a crush on her to let her be that close to your sisters." The waiter asked again. "I just see her as another sister of mine."

                 Her whole heart dropped and she could feel it at the back of her throat, standing behind Mitsuya to also get the utensils.

a/n: sorry for venting in the last chapter i just really had to let it out:] tysm for the kind words, im recovering now so do expect frequent updates (╹◡╹)♡