chapter one; time

Listen to Dance, Baby! - Boy Pablo to enjoy this chapter more!

He walked you home after exchanging contact details. Now you're in your room, just staring into the ceiling. Tomorrow would be another boring day. Just a daily routine of you going to school, nothing special and nothing less. You were glad you made a new friend who somehow lit up your day slightly. It was around 8 pm and you already had your dinner, having nothing else to do but to sit around and procrastinate. Or maybe, draw.

                You looked around the silent room, and wondering where you went wrong. You were such a clever kid, the kid everyone looked upon. The kid everyone wanted to be, the kid a parent would be proud of having. A presentable child. But where'd all that go to? It disappeared into thin air, and motivation kept running away as days passed. You don't know who to blame. Really, you feel alone in a space with so many people. Everyone's there for you, yet their presence isn't. You grew up so quickly. Siblings you wished you could spend more time with, and parents who you wish gave fair treatment.

                    You eventually fell asleep, without a blanket over you. Just flat onto the mattress, playing dead. You dreamy of happy things, things you couldn't experience firsthand. Situated where you were sitting in a dining table with your full family, having dinner with joyful chatter. A plave like no other. "Wake up now." Your mother woke you up from your deep slumber. How you wished you could at least have a little more time to feel happy. You got up slowly and rubbed your eyes. Nothing but another normal school day.

                    You ate breakfast first, and showered after. Put on the clothes you irones before your happy dream. You were too lazy to make your lunchbox, so you skipped it. You immediately went out, without saying good byes to your parents. Or siblings, I don't know. Mitsuya was waiting outside your house with his two sisters clinging onto his cardigan. "What are you doing here?" You asked in an annoyed tone, rather be left alone in the tiresome morning. "Thought I'd stop by. A little less lonely when someone's around you, you know?" Right. Who am I to know, anyway? "Oh, thank you." You looked away, putting your headphones on. "By the way, I made you lunch. I accidentally made extra food, I hope you like it though." He passed you a lunchbox.

You stopped walking. For the first time, someone went out their way to pack lunch. "You alright?" He bent down slightly to check on you. "Uh, yeah, yeah. Thank you. I appreciate it." You bowed and held it on the way to school. "Do you mind if we drop by the kindergarten?" He pointed to the kindergarten at your left. You just shook your head slightly, not knowing what to respond with. He went and dropped his sisters at the school, and came back to you. "Sorry for making you wait, let's go." He walked with you slowly, matching your pace. "Do you usually take this road?" You asked, starting a conversation. "Yeah." You furrowed your brows. "How have we never stumbled upon each other?" You asked again.

"We probably have." He chuckled and looked around. You nodded and laughed along, walking by his side. After a couple minutes of chatting, the both of you finally reached the gates and you part from him. "Alright, see you after school." You nodded and waved, heading to class alone. "Y/N! You went home early yesterday!" Your friend greeted when you entered class, immediately following you around. "Yeah. I don't feel like staying." You simply answered and sat down. "Oh, also that guy earlier! Who is he? Is he in the next year?" You looked at them disgustedly, and looked away. "Oh come on, he's really attractive! Let me get to know him!" She begged and pulled your sleeve, causing you to be slightly annoyed.

                  "Oh my god, it's 7 in the morning. Can you act like it?" You asked. They backed off from your seat and went off to another crowd. Class went by like it always had, with you slowly dozing off to sleep. You only took note of the important stuff, and the other half of the time was just you checking the time. The bell finally rang marking the lunchbreak, causing the teenagers to get noisy. You looked around to check whether there was space for you to eat alone, or that you'd have to move somewhere.

(1) new message

Mitsuya: Lunch together?

"huh?"

you: What
Mitsuya: Are you free? Wondering if we could have lunch together. Won't bother if you are busy:)

"Would it be rude if I rejected?" You looked around an checked your watch. "15 more minutes."

you: I'm free. Where do we meet?
Mitsuya: I will come get you at your class. (^^)

You waited for about 30 seconds, and he arrived at the door with a lunchbox in his hand. Slowly getting up, you grabbed your lunchbox along and quickly went to him. "How was class?" He asked while slowly walking you somewhere you don't recognise. "Uh, it was alright. Nothing really happened." You casually walked beside him, keeping a safe distance. "Where are we heading?" You asked politely. "Just a spot I eat lunch with friends." He answered and fixed hix clothes. "Oh, there are others?" You asked again. "Of course. Do you want a private spot with just the two of us?" He answered, with a smile slowly curving up at the end of his lips after realising what he had said. "No, no. I'm fine with it." You put your thumbs up and continued walking with him, meeting at a certain club room.

"Are we really allowed to be here?" You clenched your fist in worry after seeing an empty club room. "Hmm? Don't worry about it." He tried to find a spot the both of you could sit at while rearranging the furniture quietly. You look hesitantly around the room before sitting beside him. On the floor, of course. "They're kinda late today." He asked and checked his watch. "It's okay, let's eat first." You suggested. He nodded slowly and opened his lunchbox while you were struggling to open yours. "Can you handle?" You looked at him after he asked and back ag the lunchbox. "Oh, yeah. I'll be fine." You said and finally succeeded to open the box. "Good."

He packed a few onigiri in your lunchbox. "That's a lot of extra food." You pointed at the onigiri. 'I accidentally made extra food, I hope you like it though.' That exact sentence rang in your head. Mouth filled with onigiri, he covered his mouth before chuckling at you. "You should really learn to take a hint." He pat your head after swallowing. "I didn't get any?" You spoke about the hints he mentioned, that you had not noticed. He just sighed jokingly and continued eating.

"Hm, they're not coming today." He said and looked at the time. "I don't mind." You said and continued eating. The onigiri were well made and secured in the box, making you even hungrier. "Is the onigiri okay?" He asked while watching you eat. You anxiously covered your mouth and swallowed, avoiding eye contact. He chuckled softly and kept his eye on you. "Yeah, yeah. It's really good." You placed your thumbs up and smiled. His eyes widened and he looked away slowly. "I finally got you to smile at me today." He laughed and closed his lunchbox. "Huh?" Have I not smiled today? "You look good when you smile. Do you want onigiri tomorrow as well?" You hurriedly nod when he asked, completely ignoring the compliment. "Then, i'll purposely make extra onigiri."

a/n: i hope you liked this chapter aaghh this story is most likely to be cute with a little angst so i hope you like that:) i really enjoyed this chapter, personally. Also, 2k votes on Ecstasy??? I want to cry, I dont know how to thank everyone for the support. I'm really happy ♡