chapter three; night

Listen to Stargazing - The Neighbourhood to enjoy this chapter more!

"Takashi?" You rushed to help him. His exhausted body was plopped onto the hard floor with his back laying against the wall. His face was bruised and he had cuts on his knuckles. You noticed a cut on his lip and immediately got worried. A feeling you seldom experience with any other. "I'm fine, just give me some time." You immediately looked around for a medkit. Nothing. No medical kits were found anywhere in the house. "Y/N, I said I'm fine." He chuckled but you were still looking around for something to aid the cuts.You had an idea that wouldn't be really suggested but you had no other choice.

Your fingers slowly grabbed the kitchen scissors and you anxiously cut a small piece of your shirt. You prepared a glass of water and sat beside him. "How's Luna and Mana?" His voice was sore, his eyes were heavy and his body seemed weak. "Asleep." You answered while you dip the cloth you cut out earlier into the glass of water before carefully cleaning his cuts. "Okay, good." He said and looked at you in the eye as you cleaned his bruises. The stare was tense, and his gaze stayed for a while. You tried to ignore and pretend you didn't know, but your heart kept beating faster the longer he stopped. You couldn't help but glance at him, who already had a cheeky smile painted over his face. You anxiously looked away with your shakey hands.

"Focus." He whispered and threw his head back. "That hurt!" He snickered when you cleaned the cut on his lips. "Stay still." You continued to clean it. "You're most likely going to get a mouth ulcer from that." You threw away the piece and washed the glass. "I'm used to it." He smiled and looked at you again. "Geez, what are you doing at this time of the day?" You grabbed a glass of cold water for him. "Would you still be friends with me even if I told you?" He asked and took the glass from you politely.

"Why would I?" You looked back at him with a ridiculedd expression. He stared at you and sighed softly. "I'm in a biker gang, is that okay for you?" He chuckled and closed his eyes. You sat there, speechless. What the hell is a biker gang? "What?" You asked and sat beside him. "You don't know what's a biker gang?" He looked at you with a shocked expression. "No, why? Is it bad?" You were concerned, feeling bad that you didn't know what it meant. "I don't know how to explain, but it's not really a good thing. You shouldn't get yourself included in this." He pat your head softly and took a deep breath.

"Do we have to stop being friends?" You looked at him with a confused expression. "Not necessarily." He answered and removed his hand from your head softly. "Then, don't sweat over it. I'm still your friend." You smiled as you looked around the house. He burst into laughter and you looked at him even more confused. "What?" "You're too nice to me." He side eyed you; a good side eye, of course. With a smile over his lips. You looked away, and felt your body rush in heat. "I'm just a good friend."

"I'm going to shower now, you can go home if you want." He said as he slowly stood up, only to stop himself again. "Wait, no. I'll walk you home." He reminded you with his index finger pointed up. You nodded and stayed where you were already. His steps getting fainter, you quickly checked whether there were any blood stains on the floor he was sitting on. "He's fine." You slowly stood up and closed the TV that has been playing non-stop, just so that the kids could sleep in peace. You sat on the floor for a while, slowly falling asleep as time passed. You heard a door swing open which took your attention, causing you to turn towards the sound.

                  He had a towel wrapped around his neck and a white tee on, along with black pants. "My mom isn't coming home tonight. She just called me." He said as he sighed and dried his hair up with the wet towel. Stupid. "That's alright." You said and rested against the wall. "The sky is so pretty tonight." He said as he looked out the window. You nodded and slowly got up to enjoy the view with him. You could feel him staring at you from the side, though your eyes were stuck at the sky. It looked glittery just like his eyes. "Your hair is really pretty." He said before placing his hand above your head, slowly patting you.

                  "What do you mean? It's just my natural hair colour." You looked away from him. You could feel him smile as he let out a faint chuckle. "I meant that your hair is really healthy." He whispered with a light shade of pink over his ears. "Takashi." You called out and rested your head on his windowsill. He hummed back in reply, before copying you. "I don't want to go home." You whispered and buried your head into your hands. "Oh?" He replied before keeping quiet for a few seconds. "Then, do you want to sleep over?" He asked.

                   You kept quiet and didn't answer. Answering would just make you feel like you're asking for too much so you kept your mouth shut. "Hey, I can make some space for you." He added before you turned to look at him. "Sure." His eyes lit up and so did a smile. "Please take care of me." You added and removed yourself from the windsill before stretching yourself widely, with your hands open wide. "I'll carry them into their bedroom, you can lay there for tonight." He said while carefully carrying Luna and Mana to their bedroom. "Would that be comfy for you?" He came back to you trying to find a comfortable spot.

"Don't worry." You said and laid down on your back. "You can use my lap as a pillow, you know? I'm not going anywhere." You stopped moving, eyes widened and your heart skipped a beat. "I'm fine." You rejected politely but he softly picked up your head and placed it over his lap, before caressing it softly with his skinny hands. "Stop rejecting my offers already." He snickered and continued caressing your head. "You have to sleep to, you know?"

"Who said I have to be laying down to fall asleep?"

———
a/n: all of my chapters are always based on songs given so i hope you guys like it!<3 I always write in the middle of the nighg so im sorry for the horrible grammar or splling:(