chapter twenty nine; distance

Listen to For the First Time - Mac Demarco to enjoy this chapter more!

                    "I got accepted!"

                     You looked at the photographs of both you and the love of your life pinned to your wall. You still remembered how excited he sounded when he got his acceptance letter. Two months since the both of you last spoken face to face, and day by day his texts are getting drier and drier. You perfected your necktie before combing your hair, making sure you look alright for the first day of school. You sighed. You looked at the hairtie he made for you back then. If you met him earlier, would you maybe have enough time? Or if you were more honest with your thoughts would you be able to spend more time with him? You missed walking to school with him, you really did. How he would surprise you with lunchboxes, and the random hand holding.

                  "Y/N? Someone's waiting for you downstairs." Your mother immediately opened the door, surprising you. "Huh what? Who?" Some guy with long hair." She raised her shoulders. You nodded. Probably Hakkai. You immediately walked downstairs speedily with your hair down. "Hakkai? What's up?" He pulled his bag over his shoulders, looking at you. Yeah. He definitely grew over the two months. "What the hell.." You said looking at how tall he was. "Hmm?" He tilted his head in confusion. "Anyway. What do you want?" You asked him with a confused expression. "Mitsuya asked me to promise him that I'd take care of you no matter what. So I have to walk you to school." He smiled softly. "You do know we don't go to the same school right?" You asked with a surprised face. "Huh? Yeah? It's in my route so I don't mind."  He continued walking over together with you, though he didn't say a word the whole time.

                "Thanks for walking me, Hakkai. Are you coming to pick me up later too?" He nodded in response. You nodded back, immediately heading to class before anything. You sat in the middle lane but at the very edge of the room. The class was going crazy over who should be president and stuff, whilst you just watched the chaos happen before you. "Y/N, aren't you trying out for president?" Your friend asked you curiously. "Huh? No, no. Don't think so." You shook your head and went back to resting it on the table. "Is something the matter?" She kneeled and peeked over the table. "No, not really." You smiled, reassuring them.

                   "Alright then. I guess we'll just sit and watch everything happen." She sat down and watched with you, carefully. The day went on like a normal day at school did. Not a good day, because if it was, you'd be waiting for Mitsuya outside your class but here you are, walking home with his younger best friend. "How was school?" You asked Hakkai who looked like he had quite the day. "I'm the class president. I don't even know how I got nominated." He sighed and face palmed himself. You laughed, you were quite surprised he even let it happen. "You as a class president huh." You smiled while replying, remembering the chaos that had happened in class earlier.

"What about you? How was your day?" He asked. "Can't say much. Slept through most classes." You answered. He nodded slowly, seeing your house get closer. "Sounds like something you would do." He added, making both of you laugh. "Alright then, I'll see you later." He smiled when he reached your front door, waving you good bye. "Yeah..You too. And Yuzuha." You smiled before entering the house. Your father immediately turned his head at you when you entered, sharp gaze. "What happened today?" He asked as his fingers tap on the keyboard of his laptop. "Nothing. Went by like usual." You grabbed a glass of water, drinking it rushingly. "Who's class president?"

"Not me." You replied as you washed the glass, heading for your room. "Of course you didn't get president." He scoffed cockily. "Didn't even want to be one." You entered your room before closing the door slowly. You don't owe him any explanation, nor do you need to pay any attention to what he said. You took off your clothes slowly after closing the curtains, and let your body fall onto the mattress. It was so cold. You run your hands down your body just like Mitsuya would back in the days you stayed over at his house. You traced your curves and your collarbone, stopping when you realised you missed him too much. I should text him.

Y/n: hello, are you busy?

You sighed before dropping your phone down and curling up into your blanket, body still naked. "Come on, answer." You held your phone close to your face, immediately dropping it when the online status changed to typing...

2 new message(s) from Takashi!

Takashi: no, what's wrong?
Takashi: how was your first day?

"Holy shit."

Y/N: nothing, just missed you a lot.
Y/N: went like it always did. What about you? How's your first month in?

3 New message(s) from Takashi

Takashi: I see.
Takashi: I'm doing alright to be honest, just slightly drained.
Takashi: i just finished my classes for today. Wanna video call?

You started typing, but out of nowhere he called you. You immediately panicked as you had your clothes off at the moment, but answered at the same time. "Hello- can you hear me?" You ran around the room trying to fetch your uniform. "Uh- huh? Yeah yeah! I can hear you." You hurriedly put your shirt on. "What's going on? Are you alright? Where are you?" He asked with a concerned tone heard. "Yeah everything is fine, I'm at home! Uh, hold on!" You hurriedly searched for your shirt. You took a glance at him and his hair had already grown out, and he was sitting down, hovering over his phone. "What are you doing?" He placed his hand under his chin.

"I'm naked right now, give me some time!" You threw your phone into your bed, buttoning up. "Now you're making me wish I was with you right now.. Kidding." You stopped moving, frozen. "Oh. Shut up." You said and picked the phone back up. "You haven't showered yet?" He asked with a cocky tone. "Uh, no. Not yet. Just came back." You nodded as you sat down slowly on the mattress. "I see. Have you ate?" He asked and started moving around the room. "Not yet. You?" You asked back, watching him move closely. "Yeah, I had a quick lunch with my colleagues. You better eat after this." He smiled and picked something up from the table. He slowly showed you a piece he worked on; you suppose.

"I miss you so much. Please come visit me some time soon." He frowned to the phone. "I.. I'll try to." You hesitantly answered. "We can meet right now, right?" He asked, jumping into his bed. "Huh? Now? I.. Don't know about that." He looked away. "If you're free.. Call me. Whenever. I'll pick up." He looked serious, looking at you up and down. "I will. You, too. Text me." You looked at him through the camera, but can't help glance at his pretty face. "I can't stop looking at you. You've gotten prettier since I left. Are you enjoying this?" Your eyes widened. "Huh? No such thing. I've been.. The same." You scoffed, avoiding eye contact. He chuckled before sighing deeply.

"I still smell your perfume out of nowhere sometimes."

-
a/n: SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE HH ME N THE GUY WENT OUT AND UHH LETS JUST SAY I GOT PRETTY TIRED AFTER AAHHH IM SORRY