Will

Will had spent the night tossing and turning, and at about four in the morning, he flung off the covers and gave up on getting a good night's sleep.

He was restless.

With a sigh, Will went and sat at his work desk, switching on the desk lamp. He switched on his laptop, blinked at the brightness of the screen compared to the darkness of the room, and opened his latest Word file - the paper Chiron had asked him to write.

Shit.

Will had decided to write about colour blindness, because the topic intrigued him, not only because of Nico. Everywhere he looked there was colour - and for him even more so than other people. But to think that some people not only didn't see his colours but couldn't see colour in general, it astounded Will.

He looked over the most recent sentence he had written - probably a dud that needed rephrasing, if Will were to be truthful to himself.

Colour blindness can hinder everyday life, but most people with it have worked around it - for example, traffic lights can be understood by looking at the position of the light rather than the colour itself.

Eh, that wasn't too bad. Will was used to waking up and realising he had written an entire page of rubbish the night before. No, this was usable.

He wasn't really in the mood to work on it.

Sighing once again, Will closed his eyes and felt for his phone, his hand pausing when it rested on the rectangular screen. He drew circles on the smooth surface with his fingertips - if Will hadn't known it was his phone, if, say, a panel of glass were next to his phone, Will wouldn't've been able to identify which was which. It amazed him that people could identify objects by touch alone.

When he opened his eyes again, Will noticed he'd had an influx of notifications overnight - it appeared Austin and Kayla had stayed up late last night.

He should scold them for that.

IAmBetterThanYou: AY. WILL.

Jazz-Boi🎷: Will the girl wanna talk to you

IAmBetterThanYou: Yes I want to talk to you

IAmBetterThanYou: Will

IAmBetterThanYou: wait

Jazz-Boi🎷: I think he's asleep

IAmBetterThanYou: Damn it, why is Will such a sleepy boy WAKE UP FROM THE VIBRATIONS

Jazz-Boi🎷: You mean boi

IAmBetterThanYou: huh

Jazz-Boi🎷: he's sleepy boi

IAmBetterThanYou: Austin, you and your shitty spelling should use the sleep

Jazz-Boi🎷: ...

Jazz-Boi🎷: Who needs to use the sleep now, huh

Will rubbed his eyes. Why were his siblings such raw forces of chaos? Never mind the 'not biological siblings' argument, Will was practically their father given Apollo's carelessness when it came to their behaviour. Apollo was no adult figure, in fact he was probably the most immature of the bunch.

His reflection stared at him from the brightly-lit screen. Will wondered what he would see if his doppelganger passed him on the street. Reflections never had colours for him, so Will had no idea what his own colours were. Mirrors just showed him reality.