Will

Will couldn't keep the stupid smile off his face.

Nico had said yes.

He had said yes!

It had been a bit sappy of him to propose out in the rain, Will knew that, but he was a bit of a romantic anyways. If it were up to him, he would've included the whole package with the falling rose petals and the shared umbrella. Well, he had tried for the umbrella, but Will wasn't skilled enough to hold it, and he thought giving it to Nico would've ruined the entire point of the gesture.

He hailed a cab.

As they got in, the driver asked with a thick accent, "Waddya doin' in 'a rain?" He looked them up and down. "Crikey, you laddies better be getting' 'ome 'en." His eyes alighted on the diamond ring that was now on Nico's hand, and he smiled slightly before turning back to face the wheel. "Who's the lucky 'un, eh?"

Nico returned the smile. "It's him, actually."

The car began moving - the traffic was pretty heavy. "You two, eh? Don't tell me ya just proposed out in 'a rain, did ya?"

"Well, actually, he - "

"Neeks!"

That earned them a chuckle. "Young 'uns these days. Back in ma day, 'ere was 'o time for 'opeless romantics. Nun o' yer sappy kind either. Ya did ya thing, got married, had yer children and 'at was 'at."

Will didn't know how to respond to that and nor did Nico, so they spent the rest of the journey in silence except for the steady fall of rain on the cab windows and the sound of cars marching slowly through congested roads.

When Will got out and paid the fare, the driver asked, "When's 'a big day?"

"I'm sorry?"

"'A wedding? O' do ya young people not do 'at anymore?"

"Oh, no." Will scratched his head awkwardly at the man's expectant gaze. "We haven't really planned that far."

Laughing gave way to hiccups as the man's eyes gleamed. "Haven't ya? Well, good luck! It ain't every day I getta see a pair like ya!" He saluted lazily before driving away into the rain.

Nico sighed.

"That was interesting."

As they walked towards the elevator with a dripping wet umbrella, Nico slipped his arm through Will's, and they went up the floors arm in arm. Will watched as the water darkened the carpet and glistened on the tiles, before giving up on stopping the drip. He clasped Nico's hand and felt the ring, smiling to himself.

It hadn't been that bad.

The first thing that Will noticed was light shining out from underneath the door. It shouldn't've been that bright - it should've been darker than the main corridor. Yet Will could see bright light filtering out from under it.

The second thing that Will noticed was that the door was unlocked. He almost locked it again, but quickly realised that somebody had already come in. Was still inside, by the look of it. It would explain the light streaming out from inside.

"I think there's someone inside, Nico."

"If they're trying to kidnap us, I can fight them off."

Will didn't doubt that, although he reckoned that he'd have to get in line. Knowing their bitey, feisty attitudes, Nocturne and Halo had probably already gotten a piece of them.

He pushed open the door, and the first thing Will noticed was a human-sized mass hit him before he went sprawling onto the floor.

"Will! Nico!"