Dawn Moves Out

Dawn, Mae, and (Y/N) were laughing and talking on Dawn's bed in the quads' bedroom. (Y/N) was seated beside Mae

"Okay, I'll go first," Dawn said. "My super sleepover secret is... until I was 7, I had a crush on Smokey the Bear." This made (Y/N) and Mae chuckle.

"You know he's a cartoon, right?" Mae asked. "I mean that's cool if that's what you're into."

"Come on. He's cuddly, he cares about the environment, and how cool does 'Mrs. Dawn the bear' sound?"

"You gotta admit," (Y/N) said. "Cartoons can be attractive sometimes!"

"Okay, tell me your deep dark secrets."

"I can't," Mae sighed. "I don't really feel comfortable."

"I promise whatever you say does not leave this room."

"Totally," Dicky suddenly appeared, his head upside down as he looked at them from his bed. "My lips are sealed."

"Do you mind?" Dawn asked, irritated with her brothers. Even (Y/N) squinted her eyes at Dicky.

"Not at all. I love secrets. How about you?" Dicky turned towards Nicky who was "working out."

"I'm all ears, and biceps." Nicky flexed. "Time to work the glutes." The youngest quad began squatting, and as much as (Y/N) liked him, even she had to admit this was just annoying.

"This is ridiculous!" Mae exclaimed.

"Just ignore them," Dawn protested.

"Dawn, please," (Y/N) said. "I've mastered the art of tolerating your brothers but even this is a bit too much for me."

The toilet in the bathroom suddenly flushed and they all looked at Ricky as he came out of the bathroom. "Ooh, sorry about that. Nature called, and let's just say she had a LOT to talk about." Mae and (Y/N) looked at Ricky in disgust as he walked by.

"How am I supposed to ignore that?" Mae questioned.

"It's not that bad!" Dawn promised. "Let's paint our nails and forget they're here." Dawn sat up and grabbed her polishes.

"Fine, dibs on green!" (Y/N) said, pointing at a color.

"I'll do you after Mae!" Dawn said, holding onto Mae's hands.

"Gotta chalk up for the three pounders," Nicky put his hand in chalk dust and then clapped his hands together. (Y/N) almost coughed. Dicky then started using his hair blower for no reason.

"Dicky! What are you doing?" Mae exclaimed.

"I wanna look good in my dreams. And yours." Dicky smirked, to which Mae scoffed and (Y/N) sat cross-legged to look at him properly.

"Dicky. I can't speak for Mae—"

"Please do," Mae put in.

"—but doesn't five years of our friendship not enough to tell you I'm not interested?"

The blonde just shrugged. "People can change, babe. I'll be here when you do."

(Y/N) reached into her bag and brought out a pepper spray she kept with her. That's only when Dicky decided to back away, holding his hands up. Nicky held back laughter.

"Still not that bad," Dawn tried.

"Uh oh! Nature's calling back." Ricky yelled, shoving Nicky into Dicky who blew his hair blower into Nicky's chalk which got all over Dawn, Mae, and (Y/N). The two girls looked at the girl quad.

"It's that bad..."

~~~

It was (Y/N) who suggested they sleep in the living room that day. She didn't even mind sleeping on the floor. The next morning, Anne only greeted (Y/N) and Dawn as they walked into the kitchen.