The Quad-test

"What did you guys get for number 2?" Dawn asked Nicky, Dicky, and (Y/N) as they were all doing homework at Get Sporty.

"I got 4," Nicky and (Y/N) replied. They looked at each other and said "Ey!"

"I drew a head!" Dicky held up his notebook to show his art.

"Well," Ricky started as he walked over. "My life is officially over." He tossed his bag on the ground. "My whole class saw... 'it.'"

The four of them gasped.

"But you've always been so careful with it!" Nicky exclaimed.

"And always made sure to hide it," Dicky added.

"And yet, there it was," Ricky whined.

"What exactly happened?" (Y/N) asked.

"I was getting my bag from behind my chair and everything fell out... One of the kids picked him up and everyone kept laughing."

"Oh, Ricky, no!"

"So that's it! I'm giving up Bluebeary," The blonde boy took a seat beside Dawn.

"Yeah right!" Dicky scoffed. "He's helped you get straight As on every test since pre-K. You can't give him up."

"Well, I can give him up easier than you can give up taking a bath with your little rubber duck!" Ricky retorted.

"I don't NEED to take a bath with Ducky. I choose to! I enjoy our talks."

"You talk to him like this: Quack, quack, quack, quack." Nicky mocked him, using his hands as mouths.

"Yeah. He's a duck! And what about you, mitten man? You still sleep with your baby mittens on your fingers, and then rub your cheeks and your earlobes."

"I don't rub the lobes anymore! Just the cheeks." Nicky rubbed his cheeks with his two fingers causing (Y/N) to laugh.

"As if that's any better," she joked.

"Alright then, missy! What about that bracelet you always carry around?"

"What about it? It's a bracelet."

"It might as well be a keychain because of how small it is. It can barely fit around your wrist anymore but you still rub it for good luck before you do your performances."

"We're talking about things that are too small for us?" (Y/N) crossed her arms and huffed. "Talk to me when you lose your lobe warmers! And FYI, rubbing and clinking the beads makes me feel calmer!"

"Lobes and beads?" Josie smiled as she placed down the five kids' smoothies. "What did I walk in on?"

"These guys still have their security thingies from when they were babies," Dawn explained. "Kids." Dawn shook her head and (Y/N) stood abruptly.

"Oh, you mean security thingies like THIS?" She reached into Dawn's bag and pulled out a pink cloth.

"That is a sweat towel for soccer!" Dawn defended.

"Then why does it say Dawn's Blanky?" Ricky teased as Dawn snatched the blanket from (Y/N).

"Hey, guys!" Josie ran to the three and put her arms around them. "Your childhood security items are nothing to be embarrassed about! When I was a kid, I had a princess Susie doll. Until one day she was sunbathing, and my dad ran her over with our lawnmower. She was always there for me.. but I wasn't there for her!" She choked on a sob and ran away.

"Issues," Nicky sang to the others.

"Wow," Dawn scoffed, walking over to the counter. (Y/N) sat beside Nicky again. "Glad I'm not that attached to Blanky."