Quadpendence Day

HEYY sorry for the late update! School and The Umbrella Academy Season 3 took over my life

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER

~~~

The quads, (Y/N), and Mae were at Boulder Gallerie to shop. The six friends found themselves in an accessory store and were basically trying to find some things to buy. (Y/N) personally had many real jewelries already at home, but she could never pass up an opportunity to hang out with her friends.

"How about these enamel feather earrings?" (Y/N) spoke up, showing Mae and Dawn the ones she found. "I think they look cute, like you could look like a native!"

"It's independence day, (Y/N), not Thanksgiving," Dawn reminded, making the girl pout and put the earrings back.

"Ooh!" Mae exclaimed, walking over to the mirror. "How about these American flag earrings?" She held them close to her earlobes. The guy manning the counter, Wally, also looked up at her. "Do these Spirit of Independent School recital?"

"Oh, totally!"

"They do look cute!" (Y/N) agreed, nodding.

Dawn walked over as well. "Oh, hey, what about these magnetic earrings? Do they say, 'I'm super lame 'cause I don't have my ears pierced yet'?"

"Nailed it," Wally sing-songed jokingly. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at him and he shut up.

"Dawn, no one can tell they're fake," Mae reassured.

Dawn tried to put the magnetic earrings on, and they fell right off. She caught them with a deadpan look. "That'll tell 'em," she huffed.

"Aw man, it's alright Dawn," (Y/N) said, patting her friend's shoulder. "Earrings are overrated."

"Easy for you to say! You have yours pierced already and you rock every earring!"

"That's 'cause Mom forces me to for gigs and performances! I didn't want them pierced at age 10, they hurt like a mother f– a mother who doesn't care about her child's pain."

Dawn sighed. "Well, I'm 13 and I really want mine pierced already. But until then, I can only stick with these!" She shook the magnetic earrings angrily. "But why won't they stay on?"

"Oh, sweetie," Wally sighed sadly as he walked out from behind the counter.. "You've got some serious D.E.L.s."

"D.E.L.s?"

"Dense earlobes. It's a thing. That's why those magnets don't work for you," He then looked down and raised an eyebrow. "And those shoes are questionable."

"The shoes are fine," Mae reassured. "But those lobes ARE pretty meaty..."

"Mae," (Y/N) scolded.

"Do a lot of people have this?" Dawn asked.

"Oh goodness, I hope not," Wally chuckled, crossing his arms. "It must run in your family."

"Nope!" Nicky's voice called out. The three girls turned to see the three quad boys proudly smiling as they showed off the magnetic earring designs they managed to hang around their ears.

"These magnets work just fine for us!" Ricky chirped.

"I'm wearing five pairs!" Dicky chimed. He pushed back his hair to show them off.

"You DO look stunning," (Y/N) chuckled. The blonde boy beamed and high-fived her.

"I HATE that they look prettier than me," Dawn grumbled.

"And the skinny one has better shoes," Wally chuckled. Dawn glared at him. "I just call it as I see it, girl, sorry!" He raised his hands up and returned to his station.