Mission Un-Quaddable

When (Y/N) flashed her flashlight at the quads in Morse Code again the night after the school trip, the quads felt a bit happier despite being sick. She just simply said Sleep well guys but it let them know things really were back to normal.

(Y/N) received four different responses.

Dawn: Good night

Ricky: Sleep tight

Dicky: C u tom

Nicky: Rest well

The girl smiled, pulled back her curtains, and (M/N) knocked on her bedroom door. "Are you and the quads good?"

"Yeah," (Y/N) smiled. "I mean, they flashed back. I think things are getting back to normal."

"I'm glad you're talking to them again," (F/N) entered the room now and sat beside his daughter on her bed. "But you've waited this long."

"Yeah, but...they're still my best friends."

"Sweetie, we say this in the kindest way possible," (M/N) said and bit her lip. "But even though they're your best friends, after a near-month of silence like that, do you think they still trust you?"

(Y/N) blinked. "Why wouldn't they?"

"Well maybe it's not a matter of trust, but there could be moments of hesitation...sometimes they could be a bit more reluctant to do things around you...when you start hanging out again you might notice those kinds of things."

"But why would they feel that way?"

"Because they don't want you to ignore them again," (F/N) replied. "Honey, we're just warning you, that after big fights with close friends, even if you talked about it, there may be a lot of things left unsaid."

"And we're just looking out for you because we know what that's like," (M/N) added. "We were kids once. We worried after fights. We wondered if our friends would hurt us again. And for you and the quads...for five kids who have never avoided each other this long before...it could happen."

The (H/C)-haired girl looked down at her feet. She never really considered all of that. All she was thinking of was getting rid of her feelings and protecting the four. The only reason she started talking to them again was that there wasn't much attention on her anymore. And the quads said they understood all that.

"They said they understood me," she said with certainty, but it was almost like she was convincing herself more than her parents. The couple looked at their child, who nodded to herself and smiled at them. "I think we're gonna be fine."

~~~

Almost a week has passed since that conversation. (Y/N) had been looking out for signs, but things with the quads seemed fairly normal. They laughed, chatted, did their usual routines.

(Y/N) felt like she could relax.

One morning, she was getting ready for school and she was wearing her Glee Club uniform. One of the monthly Glee Club events was performing songs in the halls to lighten up the school. She got her schoolbag and was ready to head out. "Bye Mom. bye Dad!" she called out and opened the front door.

(Y/N) was surprised when she was greeted by Mae there. "Did you hear the news?!" she exclaimed.

"What news?"

"BCD TV! They said JT Steele is at the Harpers' house!"

"Wait, WHAT?" (Y/N) gasped. "No!"

"Yes! At least that's what BCD TV said! Come on, let's try to see if it's true!"