M.D. Day

"Hey Josie!" (Y/N) entered Get Sporty that morning to find the teen girl behind the cafe counter.

"Hey, (Y/N)! The usual?"

"One (fruit) smoothie, please!"

The girl raised an eyebrow as she prepared the drink and slid it over to her, a bit confused. "Hold on...something's up..." (Y/N) stared at her in confusion. "You're alone!"

"Ouch, thanks I guess."

"No! I mean the quads aren't with you! Where are they?"

"Oh! Well it's kind of a long story that I think the four should explain themselves."

"Why?"

"Cuz I know where they came from and I LOVE hearing stories about it every year! Dawn texted me saying they'd be here soon."

That's when Josie gasped, putting a hand close to her mouth and pointing. (Y/N) turned and gasped as well.

The quads walked into the store completely covered in garbage and filth. They all took a seat at the cafe counter, and (Y/N) actually moved away from Dawn and went to stand beside Josie instead.

"Okay, you know, don't take this the wrong way but um...you guys look..." Josie sniffed the air. "...And smell like garbage."

"Oh there's an explanation," Dicky started. "We just came from the doctor's office."

"Today was our yearly checkup," Nicky smiled.

"Oh. That makes sense." Josie paused. "No it doesn't."

"Guys, I knew you were going to the doctor's," (Y/N) said flatly. "But even I'm confused as to why you look absolutely horrific."

"Gee, thanks best friend," Dawn said sarcastically.

Josie nodded. "How does going to the doctor end up like this?"

"Well, in order to really understand," Ricky began. "We need to take you back to when we were five."

"Oh this story," (Y/N) put her head in her hand and leaned on the counter.

"We were on the way to the doctor's office when we saw the most beautiful thing we had ever seen," Dawn started. The other nodded, a smile on their faces. (Y/N) smirked. "He told us if we made it through that doctor's visit without any incidents they'd buy us the cookie tower."

"Ooh, how'd it taste?" Josie asked excitedly.

"We don't know. Five years, five disasters, and five doctors later, we still haven't tasted the sweet, sugary goodness of the cookie tower." Dawn smiled. The boys started angel-singing again. "Would you guys stop doing that?!"

"Sorry," Nicky apologized

"Wait so you've been banned from five doctors?" Josie exclaimed.

"Oh we've been banned from almost every doctor in town," Ricky exclaimed. "Dentists, pediatrists, we've even been banned from Dr. Waffles."

"What is that, like, a breakfast place?"

"No, she's a veterinarian," Dawn corrected.

"But she does put out those really dry, bone-shaped donuts," Dicky mentioned. "Good thing she also put out a fresh bowl of water!"

"We're no longer welcome there."

"Wait, why don't you just go to (Y/N)'s dad?" Josie asked. "Isn't he technically a doctor?"

The quads, including (Y/N), all looked at Josie like she was stupid. "Gee, why didn't we think of that?" Nicky deadpanned. "(Y/N)'s dad was the doctor's office we were heading to when we first saw the cookie tower."