Quadentity Crisis

Everyone wondered why (Y/N) was taking so long with her album.

She could give two reasons: one would be stress. The other would be Nicky.

(Y/N) knew that as soon as her career would fully set off, she wouldn't have as much time with her best friends and boyfriend. So the reason why she was taking her sweet time was that she wanted to make the most of it and wanted her album to come out perfectly.

Besides, her new manager said she'd have at least a year of training and working until her debut as an artist. Not to mention she was slowly introducing new songs to her record label and waiting for them to be approved. All that work would only matter until the end of 8th grade, when she agreed to finally debut. Until then, she was strumming her guitar in the school's culinary room while she watched her talented boyfriend get hard to work at cooking.

"Ahhh," Nicky sang out, holding out a chicken wing for (Y/N), making sure his other hand was underneath so nothing would drip on her.

She smirked as she set down her guitar. "I thought these were for Mr. Wigglesworth."

"And you, of course. He may be my worst critic but you're the person I want to like these the most."

(Y/N) smiled at her boyfriend's sweetness and took a bite of the wing. She hummed in satisfaction. "And as usual, I LOVE them."

"Really, baby?"

"Yes, and Mr. Wigglesworth will too."

As Nicky wiped his hands on his towel, he sighed. "I really hope so..."

Just then, Ricky and Dicky rushed inside eagerly. "Ooh, those chicken wings smell amazing!" Dicky commented.

He and Ricky both reached for one, but each time they did, Nicky slapped their hands with his tongs. "No. No. No." A pause. "...No!"

"But you always give us a taste! I'm sure (Y/N) got a taste!"

"Well she's (Y/N)!" The girl just scoffed and smiled proudly. "And for the record, not today. These are for Mr. Wigglesworth. He's my toughest critic and if he likes them, then I'll know they're good."

"Hm," Ricky put an arm around his shoulders, making him move his attention away from the table. "Tell me more." At his brother's distraction, he turned to Dicky quickly and gave a thumbs up.

(Y/N) wanted to stop them, but she was too busy laughing to herself. "Uh, Nicky..."

"Well, I really want to enter the Colorado Kids Cook-off," he continued. "And I'm thinking of putting these on my menu."

"Oh!" Ricky quickly moved away to grab the chicken wing Dicky had stolen for him when their brother wasn't looking. "Well, I hope he loves them!"

"I know we will!" Dicky chirped.

Nicky glared at his two brothers as they skipped away, chewing on the wings. He pouted at his girlfriend, who had seen the whole thing.

"Sorry, love, they deserved to have some!" she protested playfully.

"They deserve NOTHING." He shouted out to his brothers, "AT LEAST SAVOR THEM!"

"Savor what?" As the other two boys were leaving, Dawn entered. Her eyes widened when she saw the wings. "WHOAAA–"

"Don't make me tong you!" The blonde stepped back, shocked by her brother. "These are for Mr. Wigglesworth."

"Ohhh! Still worried about getting into that cook-off, huh?"

Nicky started tossing the remaining wings. "Yep, it's a big deal. First prize is a one-week apprenticeship with Chef Andre. He's a local chef who owns Bistro Andre."