I Want Candace

(Y/N) was just in her living room reading (favorite book) for the nth time one Thursday afternoon because she didn't want to disturb Dawn while she was on her Candace Parker quiz call. She knew how much Dawn had been talking about that call and didn't want to ruin her mojo.

So when the doorbell on her house rang, she shouted "I'll get it!", set her book down, and went over to open the door. She was surprised to see Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky with nervous smiles and the overnight bags they used for sleepovers.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Nicky greeted. (Y/N) sensed the fear in his voice.

"How many times do I have to tell you guys that last-minute sleepovers can't keep happening?" she sighed.

"Sorry, it's an emergency," Ricky said apologetically. "Pleaseee can we stay here?"

"Well I'm sure mom will let you but-- hang on, where's Dawn?" She put two-and-two together after she plucked a carrot strand out of Nicky's hair. He smiled sheepishly. "What happened?"

"Dawn made a carrot smoothie and kept the blender on!" Nicky cried.

Her expression turned into a glare. "What did you guys do?"

Dicky scoffed, but he also had fear in his voice. "What makes you think we did anything?"

"The last time you guys - you three specifically - wanted to sleep over, it was because you were so scared after you accidentally ruined Dawn's American Girl doll when we were eight."

"What, you think we just want to sleep over because we're afraid of our sister?" Nicky laughed. (Y/N) gave him a look. "Please hide us."

"Come on, you guys must be delusional. Dawn can't be that mad. Look, you three go to the attic and I'll talk to her."

~~~

But, once the boys got settled in the attic, (Y/N) came stomping upstairs with a magazine in her hand. She slapped all three of them with it.

"OW!" they shouted.

"YOU. IDIOTS!" she yelled.

Ricky held his cheek, terror in his eyes. "She's that mad?"

"She didn't even speak to me! I asked her, 'what happened?', and she pointed at her Candace Parker poster, the phone, and stared at me with the most malice I've ever seen in a child."

The three boys looked at each other. "Oh no," Dicky squeaked.

"How could you guys do this?"

"It was an accident!" Nicky protested. "We really didn't mean to!"

"Well most of the things you guys do to Dawn are accidents and she still gets mad at you."

"It's true," Dicky sighed. "Otherwise she wouldn't have gotten mad when I puked on her favorite shoes."

"Or when I experimented with her stuffed toys," Ricky put in.

"Or when I spilled chili on her favorite top," Nicky added.

"What is WRONG with you boys?" (Y/N) shouted in exasperation.

"Are we also not safe here?"

When the youngest quad looked at (Y/N), she could only sigh. How could she resist that face? "No, you are. You can sleep over, Mom said it's okay, but you have to go straight home and find ways to apologize to Dawn. You have to REALLY make it up to her. And this is a family thing. Don't get me involved."

"You're the best, (Y/N)," Ricky sighed. "And don't worry, we'll think of a plan."

"MULTIPLE plans," Nicky put in.