1. The fateful meeting

It was a late chilly evening of January when xiao zhan was sauntering through the streets of Henan with his best friends zhou cheng and meng ziyi. The cold winds blowed around bringing shivers to their bodies. The three were coming back after drinking with their boss outside. The two, except xiao zhan, were heavily drunk as they didn't stop when offered with free drinks. They were rushing towards their respective houses being tired from working whole day and listening to their boss's drunken long lecture on how they should contribute more towards their company's development.

It was two years since xiao zhan moved here in henan and his two best friends proved a greatest support for him all the time. Due to his sister's poor health conditions, he had to move out of their small province for her treatment needs that couldn't be fulfilled in the small district they were living into previously. He was working day and night and was trying his best to meet their family needs and his sister's medical bills. She was born with a weak heart and will be needing a transplant soon, so he required to arrange for a donor and report to a prestigious hospital in beijing as soon as possible.

He belonged to a lower middle class family with a middle aged mother and a younger sister, xiao hui back in the house. His father passed away few years ago leaving all the responsibilities to him at a very young age. He was forced to drop out in between his graduation but he managed to complete a certificate course in designing somehow, for he knew it would be difficult without a qualification out there. The world needs weight in the resume file nowdays and the knowledge and talent has become a bit unimportant in front of it.

To fulfill the necessaties of his family and trying to distribute smiles wherever he goes, xiao zhan had learned to stay happy despite his difficult and miserable life. He was always ready to lend his ears despite his own sorrowful story. He never complained about anything and just accepted everything the way it was. In a nutshell, he was everything a mom, a sister or a colleague could ask for.

"It must have been difficult for our zhanzhan to manage everything all alone" meng ziyi said in a drunken tone while poking xiao zhan's cheeks and leaning onto his shoulders.

"Aish, ziyi you are so drunk. Handle your possession Cheng" xiao zhan pushed her lightly on Cheng's shoulders while cringing.

"I know you are just jealous xiao zhan" zhou cheng said while rolling his eyes at him.

Xiao Zhan chuckled watching the two snuggling into each other when a wave of cold winds hit them. Xiao Zhan rubbed his shoulders and blowed warm breath in his palms as he trembled visibly. He was feeling too cold despite being covered in many layers of clothes. He too felt a need of someone hugging him tightly, making him warm in such icy evenings.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot Xiao Zhan? What are you thinking about huh?" Zhou cheng asked him with his red, watery eyes. Meng ziyi, on the other hand, squinted her eyes as she examined zhan's red face and jumped when a thought striked her head.

"Zhan, have you perhaps decided to get a sugar daddy for yourself?" She squealed and widened her hooded eyes in excitement.

"Aish shut up you two and get to your home fast. Otherwise I will tell our boss about your relationship and you know RULE NO 5- NO PERSONAL OR ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN COLLEAGUES AS IT DECREASES A COMPANY'S POTENTIAL FOR THE FUTURE DEVELOPMENT" they all chanted the rule together and  laughed loudly before bidding their goodbyes as they reached ziyi's house followed by zhou cheng. The two lived nearby while xiao zhan resided in a different neighbourhood.

Xiao Zhan walked further, humming his favourite song and snapping his fingers alongwith it to distract himself from the bone chilling atmosphere.

He moved further to cross the road without checking out for passing vehicles. He didn't notice a speedy car that was approaching him from the other side. By the time the car and the blowing horn entered his awareness, he was already standing in between the road just in line with the fast moving car. His steps were glued on to the road as his pupils constricted and everything around him blurred and he just couldn't concentrate on anything or calculate what's going to happen.

It was just a matter of seconds when the car abruptly changed its direction before it could hit him, crashing into a nearby pole voilently producing a shreaking sound. He covered his ears and shut his eyes tightly and was ready to accept his death but opened his eyes in horror when heard a crash sound. Turning around, he gasped when saw the same, expensive car all crashed in the pole.

He didn't think twice before running towards the car all scared. He tried to open the jammed door and was successful after few attempts. He opened the door and peeped inside and saw two men sitting, one with a scared face and the other one with an angry face. The scared one  must be a driver, he thought. Thankfully, they didn't sustain any major or serious bruises. They both were looking almost fine. Xiao Zhan sighed in relief and bowed ninety degrees before mumbling sorry.

He gulped when the grim man, whose aura was screaming money and richness shot him a glare. He looked down and didn't raise his head to avoid any eye contact. The two people inside the car came out and stood in front of him.

"Hey is your eyes just a showpiece or you don't know how to use them?" The driver shouted while pushing xiao zhan slightly.

Xiao Zhan bowed repeatedly while saying sorry.

"Do you even know with whom you have messed with? My master can crush you in seconds for your mistake."

The grim man hissed and gritted his teeth before speaking in a deep, throaty voice "Go and bring my water bottle from the car". The driver bowed and rushed towards the broken car in order to get the water for his master.

"I-I am really sorry sir. A-actually I didn't see the car!" Xiao Zhan stuttered but didn't raise his head up. He felt goosebumps when he heard the sexy voice. He wanted to look up so badly but he restrained himself.

"You know you could have died or worst the car could have crashed into a major accident? You know it will take me two minutes to send you behind the bars as I almost died due to your negligence"  The man spoke again and this time xiao zhan looked up hesitantly. Their eyes met and xiao zhan swore that his soul left his body when he saw the face of the man properly. Oh God, so HOT! That was the first sentence that crossed his mind. He cleared his throat and answered "I-I am really sorry sir. Please let me go".

The man's eyes soften but he smirked before commanding authoritatively "I will let you go on one condition - Compensate for our loss!"

Xiao Zhan gasped and his eyes widened in horror. Sweat appeared on his forehead despite the cold temperature and he pouted sadly "How much do I need to pay?"

"Do you even know how much that car cost? You can't even pay it's half even if you sell your whole body!" The man snorted and turned around as he texted someone.

Xiao Zhan frowned as he tried to fight back for the sake of his self respect "Mister whoever you are, what do you think of yourself huh? Who gave you the right to mock others? When I am polietly saying sorry then can't you just accept it? You are a big businessman right! Then you can buy a much more expensive car than this. You have such a tiny, indifferent heart".

The man smirked again and in a moment pulled xiao zhan closer to him, Zhan found himself shorter and he gasped for how tightly his waist was held. "DON'T EVER DARE TO TALK IN THAT TONE AGAIN. OTHERWISE I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET BEING BORN, FORGET ABOUT YOUR BLOODY EXISTENCE. AND, I AM NOT WHOEVER, THE NAME IS WANG YIBO. Now don't forget this name as well as this face for we will be meeting very soon dear, I will not let you off so easily" the man smirked and sat in a car that had just arrived. The driver too followed his steps and sat in the passenger seat in the front. Wang Yibo chuckled seeing zhan's opened mouth and rolled up the windows before the car went off.