16. I will stay

Gleaming rays that shined through the curtains fell on zhan's sleeping face, making him groan. Though his precious slumber was already broken by the strong, bold yet gentle golden beams, but he refused to wake up so early. As he was about to get into his dreamland again, a soft knock at the door made him startled. Maybe his sister or mom were back, it was already a few days that he last saw them and he swear, he missed them everyday.

An appealing smile appeared on his morning face and he jumped off the bed excitedly, but his movements came to a hault when the surroundings finally entered his awareness.

The room was not his!

The bed was not his!

The house was not his!

Then where the hell had he spent the night?

As he tried to recall the memories from yesterday, a gasp left his mouth when he remembered that he was so tired from exploring his new workplace that he crashed in yibo's couch. And when yibo tried to wake him up, he whined to be carried!

"If you are too much desperate then you can carry me back"

He recalled his words and smacked himself for being so stupid! Palming his face, he dropped his ass on the bed and screamed in embarassment.

"Shit! I can't believe I was the one who said those words! I don't know about him but I surely behaved like a desperate to yibo!" He rubbed his face while pouting.

"Fuck Fuck Fuck!"

"Wait a minute! But did yibo really carry me back here? He hates me, why would he? Should I ask him? Ahhhhhhhh, Xiao Zhan, let the earth open its mouth and swallow you." He kept on blabbering while his legs continued to fidget restlessly.

He stopped his cries when the knocks became denser, going towards the door, he opened it only to find an old lady carrying a tray with new set of clothes and other necessary things. The old woman was smiling lovingly, her smile expressed her experiences and satisfaction that she had seen the world, she knew the nature of life and was relaxed, enjoying the last phase of her life.

"Junior master, Sir has called you for breakfast and asked me to give you these" the old woman bowed but zhan stopped her by holding her shoulders gently.

"What are you doing grandma? Don't make me embarrass by bowing to me please. And I am xiao zhan, call me Son or Zhan Zhan not master, hm?" He said gently with a wide, enchanting smile.

The old woman looked up and her eyes glimmered in satisfaction, the deep crevices and lines on her face became prominent as she laughed, stroking his hairs with so much affection, she nodded her head and praised him, "You are so considerate, Son. Here, take these clothes and get ready fast. You are a part of this family now, if you need anything anytime, then do call me okay? I am Yi Lian, I am serving Wangs since years, I was yibo's nanny too."

Xiao Zhan glanced at the pile of clothes and other things in her hands and bit his lips. He didn't bring anything with him. He thought that the oldie was kidding but now things were getting serious. He needed to talk to Mr Wang before situation gets out of his hands.

He reluctantly took a pair of fresh clothes and returned the rest back. He was just a guest and he won't be a burden on anyone. He was not that type of person. He smiled and assured the woman that he would be okay. Closing the door and turning around, his gaze scanned the whole room. He admired the interiors that screamed nothing but simplicity yet richness before entering the bathroom.

After taking a warm bath, he came out and got ready before going downstairs. He didn't forget to take his cellphone and wallet before leaving the room. Coming down, he found yibo's family at the dining area, having their morning meals. He let out an awkward smile when Wang Qiren and Carman Lee smiled warmly at him. Though he wanted to talk but decided to wait for them to finish up.